Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TalonFlyer

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2009
Me To!

Can't activate. Tried iTunes and from the iPhone 4s itself, no go. I guess we have to wait for the eMail.

My iPhone4 still works.

joeybuckets

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2008
ZANESVILLE,OHIO
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X; en_US) AppleWebKit (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile [FBAN/FBForIPhone;FBAV/4.0.2;FBBV/4020.0;FBDV/iPhone3,1;FBMD/iPhone;FBSN/iPhone OS;FBSV/5.0;FBSS/2; FBCR/AT&T;FBID/phone;FBLC/en_US;FBSF/2.0])

Awesome!!!!!

Trimmer2

macrumors member
May 19, 2008
iCloud

At least my iCloud is working today so that I can actually receive an email. Yesterday, I wouldn't have received the email because I ONLY received email on my phone!

KingZorb

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2011
"luckily" I am not having the problem

I pre-orderd my iPhone 4S from AT&T on Friday like a good fan-boy, but still haven't received it and probably won't today.

I can take comfort in the fact that I am avoiding this small hassle of activation not working while everyone else gets to play with their new phone...

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I got mine around 9am CDT and still haven't been able to activate it. :( :mad:

Hope it hurries up because I used my wife's upgrade and she's taking over my iPhone 4 until November 25th when my upgrade goes through. She needs to have a working phone today, but fortunately she doesn't have any morning appointments, nothing until 2pm. HURRY UP AT&T. This happens every year. You'd think that they would have it all figured out by now.

AND I WANT TO USE SIRI!!

Angelus520

macrumors regular
May 22, 2003
Chicago
So, if the activation fails, will my old iPhone still work?
I don't want to be completely offline...

Anyone have an answer for this? Just picked mine up from my UPS Store box and wanted to try to activate but need to have phone service today (getting married tomorrow and need a phone that works today.)

Would love to have the 4S ready for the rehearsal tonight so I can try out the camera and show off Siri to my Android-loving nephew :D

drnen

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2007
it failed a few times for me. Worked once i manually did it thru itunes though. Just do it the old fashioned way. ATT is not ready for the future apple is trying to create :rolleyes:

chazwatson

macrumors member
May 20, 2009
San Diego, CA US
Anyone have an answer for this? Just picked mine up from my UPS Store box and wanted to try to activate but need to have phone service today (getting married tomorrow and need a phone that works today.)

Would love to have the 4S ready for the rehearsal tonight so I can try out the camera and show off Siri to my Android-loving nephew :D

Congrats man! Activation problems should diminish later in the day when Apple Stores run out of phones to process in realtime and those retry-happy users doing self-activation get through.

rwlcpa

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2011
Dallas, TX
it failed a few times for me. Worked once i manually did it thru itunes though. Just do it the old fashioned way. ATT is not ready for the future apple is trying to create :rolleyes:

I can't even get iTunes to prompt me to activate my iPhone. Any suggestions?

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
Some of you guys are being ridiculous. There's no way a company would throw money at their servers to meet a once-per-year demand like this.

Even Apple has/had problems these past few days.

I want to say during normal times a new sim can take 15 mins to activate. I want to say for the 2 sims I have gotten it was a few mins for them to work. Apple should follow the gsm standard like the rest of the world and reuse sim cards. Requiring anew card every time puts an insane and unneeded strain on the system.

Aviator189

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
My iPhone 4 is still working. I'm on hold w/ tech support currently. The woman really has no idea what to do. She tried to get me to switch my sim card, call #*6# when I have no key pad....

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
My iPhone 4 is still working. I'm on hold w/ tech support currently. The woman really has no idea what to do. She tried to get me to switch my sim card, call #*6# when I have no key pad....

I am on the phone with AT&T and the lady started to read my instructions for downloading iOS 5! HAHA!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.