Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Konrad9

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2012
$15!!! Wow!!! So they are only screwing you by $20 every month instead of $35!!! Where do I sign?

Oh for crying out loud SHUT UP! This is a GOOD THING! Is it as much of a discount as they should be offering? I don't know, but it's a huge step in the right direction.

Reacting negatively to this only hurts you as a consumer.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
Oh for crying out loud SHUT UP! This is a GOOD THING! Is it as much of a discount as they should be offering? I don't know, but it's a huge step in the right direction.

still close to $200 for a 4 line family plan with paid off phones. compared to a little over $100 for t-mobile

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011

No you shut up - if it works for your simpleton life good for you, I left AT&T a looonng time ago.

good thing! yay!

Konrad9

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2012
No you shut up - if it works for your simpleton life good for you, I left AT&T a looonng time ago.

good thing! yay!

I'm not on AT&T?

----------

still close to $200 for a 4 line family plan with paid off phones. compared to a little over $100 for t-mobile

I didn't say there aren't better options, I didn't say it isn't still overcharging (instead I said the exact opposite).

I said it is a big step towards better things.

paperboyCCC

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
I tried to switch to the new plan:

$45/mo 1gb
$40/mo 1st phone
$40/mo 2nd phone
---------------------
$125 total

$40/mo 1gb
$45/mo 1st phone
$45/mo 2nd/phone
--------------------
$130 total

AT&T Cust Service said that this plan was only for new customers or customers that qualified for the $25/mo plan and they could not switch me.

AT&T Cust Service called me back today and apologized and switched me to the new plan.

kensic

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2013
I think the bottom line here is...if you really want to save money.

if you have an grandfather plan...ride it as long as possible, because any current plans will not come any close in saving you money of you switch.

and for anything else.....is to treat your phone like its your baby so it can last as long as possible(weather if u got it on contract or non-contract, doesn't matter how it costs). the only real way to save money is to use a phone till it stops running on you (as long as it serves your needs)

but I know in reality different people have different needs. but I can assume 60% of us don't really have special needs. so don't go treating your phone like its a shoe. treat your phone like how to you treat a laptop (o wait, phones now adays cost as much as a laptop).

I don't know, that's my opinion.

jtara

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2009
I think the bottom line here is...if you really want to save money.

Maybe. If you use a lot of data.

I have two grandfathered plans - one for my iPad and one for my iPhone. These new plans will save me money. I almost never take the iPad out of the house. And I can probably live with a 1GB plan, and if not certainly 2GB.

And I think it's still possible to sell a grandfathered iPad plan.

darknyt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
I'm sorry you were misinformed, but the trade in thing ended a few weeks ago. If you bought it in a corporate store, and have the Customer Service Summary, read the page where it says "Optional: AT&T Next". If it doesn't state anything about the tablet, unfortunately it's going to be a 20-month payment deal. You can still pay it off in full and we'll buy it back through our trade in program for store credit, then apply that to your next tablet. Sorry for the miscommunication on your stores part.

Missed this reply - I know it's virtually worthless, but I have a chat transcript from a few days ago where I followed up on this and based on my order/purchase date they said I was still qualified to trade in my tablet in a year, regardless of whether I switch to value plans. Maybe I beat the cut-off. Maybe they are full of crap.

Edit: confirmed again I supposedly can upgrade in 12 months when I upped my data plan today.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.