Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

me2000

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2008
"As a valued customer, we can offer you an upgrade with a new 2-yr commitment and waive the $18 upgrade fee."

Odid

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2008
I posted this in another thread:

My situation is kind of unique.

I got the iPhone 3G back in October 2008. At&t used the wrong social security number(off by 1 number). They then used this to run a credit check and made me deposit $500. I got the deposit back a few months ago, but is this grounds to terminate my contract with them? I told them about this problem but they still did not fix the SS # to the correct one. It's still set to the wrong one :rolleyes:

Could I just cancel on SS # and get a new line with my correct SS?

Also upgraded last year on the early upgrade discount of $499.

Suggestions?

azsprty

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2009
I posted this in another thread:

My situation is kind of unique.

I got the iPhone 3G back in October 2008. At&t used the wrong social security number(off by 1 number). They then used this to run a credit check and made me deposit $500. I got the deposit back a few months ago, but is this grounds to terminate my contract with them? I told them about this problem but they still did not fix the SS # to the correct one. It's still set to the wrong one :rolleyes:

Could I just cancel on SS # and get a new line with my correct SS?

Also upgraded last year on the early upgrade discount of $499.

Suggestions?

Yep you sure could. You have a different social the "he" does. What could they do?

rickdollar

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2007
I get:
"You can take advantage of our no commitment pricing. Additional discounts may be available on 02/20/2011"

..and my "no commitment" price for a 32g is 699??!!

Bought 3GS day one. I sure hope this is wrong.

quiksilver1209

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2010
How can some people be eligible for an upgrade when they purchased the 3GS on day 1 like me and yet im not eligible. I hope this is something AT&T is just slow on changing. This is crap if I can't upgrade

makeminemaudlin

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2008
DC
AT&T site must be getting a lot of traffic

I just spent 30 minutes trying to log in to see what my eligibility was. I got to the Welcome screen, and it listed the lines on my account. Two lines are iPhones. For my line it said "You may be eligible for an upgrade..." but the other one said "This line is not eligible for an upgrade." But when I tried to check my actual eligibility, it locked for 5 minutes, then wouldn't let me in to my account again. So I called AT&T, but the woman I spoke with had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. She didn't even know there were new iPhones coming out at all. Frustrating.

jsep

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
Carlsbad, CA
I didn't get any special message telling my i'm eligible but when I went to add an iPhone to my cart it showed the $199 pricing. It used to tell me I'd have to wait till November. Awesome.

justinfreid

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2009
NEW Jersey / USA
You know what's a bit weird. I purchased 4 iPhones on a Family Plan last year on the first day of 3GS launch. I looked at my upgrade dates and it shows only one line being eligible and they were all purchased the same date. I wonder why only one line would be eligible and not all?

ATT calculates eligibility in part based on how much each line (that is each phone number) pays per month. Because one line on the family plan pays the bulk of the fee and the others pay only $9.99, the main line is usually eligible for upgrading sooner.

dmx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
I've had my 3GS since august 14th. On the base plan except unlimited texting.

Full Upgrade date still the same - January 2011, no partial upgrade...:(

azsprty

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2009
For everyone not eligible for full upgrade but partial upgrade, like me..just pay the extra 100-200 and get it. Or wait an eternity

smileyborg

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2009
For everyone not eligible for full upgrade but partial upgrade, like me..just pay the extra 100-200 and get it. Or wait an eternity

Yep. People always forget that they SIGNED A TWO YEAR CONTRACT. So if AT&T lets them upgrade at a discount anytime before two years is up, they're just being nice!!

iTzChasE

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2008
02/20/11 for me. Bought a 3Gs on day 1 last year. Not worried as I was planning on waiting until next year anyway.

Sadly not for me. Same date 02/20/2011

Same thing. I used to be Eligible. I hope the fix it or I guess I'm not getting the new iPhone. We pay more than $180 bucks a month and we can switch to Sprint and get more and pay $40 less.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.