Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Anyone else get charged the wrong amount?

I got just the regular 16 GB one, which is $199.99. I live in Mass, so the tax should be only $12-$13 more (6% tax). Yet I got charged $240 and this is the actual charge, not a hold it seems like. The initial charge was for a buck and that went away for the $240.

And it cant be the upgrade fee because that's supposed to go on the first bill, not upfront. I talked to 3 different reps and they claim they cant do anything cuz they cant see the full order yet. All they said they can do is make record of this until later on.
Search my threads I'm being charged $106 for tax it's soooo BS and I'm trying to cancel but can not.

fathergll

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2014
AT&T is definitely much worse than Apple's site or Store app. I managed to get two phones ordered from AT&T before 3:20am and the fact that I never received confirmation email freaked me out so I kept trying on Apple and ended up getting 9/19 delivery with email confirmation so I just canceled the AT&T ones this morning.

How long did you wait for the confirmation email?

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Trade-In Promo

Ordered via Premiere site and got the initial thank you email w/order number. Promising 7-14 days for both iPhones on Next 12 plan. For those who got a confirmation email, did you get the trade-in promo info???

tb12

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2014
2 years ago when I pre-ordered my iPhone 5 through ATT Premier, they screwed me heavily.. I pre-ordered the phone exactly around the launch time, but the next day I got an email saying my order didn't go through, without any reasoning whatsoever... Apparently the Premier system was glitched. I ended up having to wait a month before I got my hands on one.

This year I ordered through Apple. Regardless of the fact that I was a little late and ordered at 8:30 EST, I have a September 19th delivery :D

I guess it makes up for ATT screwing me.

nicoleCL

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2012
So I ordered the phone around 3.30 EST for i6 64gb Gold through ATT premier. I got the email confirmation around 7am stated that I will be getting my phone on or around 9/19. My BoA got charged for $1 since last night, nothing has been updated after the first email. My order status (premier) still say "Pending", should I be worry that I might not get the phone on the 19th?

I guess I shouldn't have woken up to order since Apple still have the phone available for 9/19.

Buckeye85

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
After trying repeatedly last night to order from Apple I finally gave in and order from AT&T. I didn't get the confirmation e-mail until 4:11 AM CST but it said "Your Apple iPhone 6 (64GB Silver) has been reserved and is expected to arrive on or around 9/19/2014".

I was checking the status throughout the day and finally, this afternoon it says
"Preorder Processing
Expected Ship Date: 09/23/2014 To 10/02/2014"

This morning I had thought about cancelling the AT&T order and getting it from Apple because they still had stock but they would have been unable to ship it to my office and I probably won't be able to be home to sign for it Friday.

Strangely, on Apple's site it said that the amount due was $0.00 (I went with AT&T Next payments) but with AT&T I had to pay tax today, and it's already been charged to my card.

I am in the exact same situation as you, to the T...I was considering cancelling this order, and attempting to go through Apple, but AT&T has already charged my card, and I got a feeling like these dates are out of wack, and a lot of people will get their phones on release day. At least I hope so anyways :confused:

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
Ordered via Premiere site and got the initial thank you email w/order number. Promising 7-14 days for both iPhones on Next 12 plan. For those who got a confirmation email, did you get the trade-in promo info???

I didn't & I was hoping there would be information on it. I'll call AT&T next week when things have settled & ask if I can bring in my phone before I activate the new one. I'm waiting on the 6 Plus so it's going to be awhile. I want to be able to apply the trade-in to my Next balance. I don't know if that is an option.

Señor

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2013
United States
Pre-ordered at a store at 12:00 PM today and got it for 11/09/2014 to 11/27/2014, can someone please tell me this isn't accurate?

yungskeeme

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2013
Order my silver 6 64gb about 10 mins after it opened and my email says by it around 9/19 and expected date 9/23-10/2. I see a $1 charge and a payment for taxes. I hope I get it on 9/19

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
I think it's WAY too early for anybody to get caught up in the 'expected ship date.' With so many orders, cancellations, double orders, etc., it's going to take a few days to sort out. I bet once order start getting matched with phones, a lot of dates are going to get updated. It happens every time with preorders....yet everybody loses their mind each time.

zamudiovsky

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
I ordered mine before 3:00AM, the Order Date even says "September 11" but I am getting 10/13/2014 To 10/31/2014 as Expected Ship Date... I hope it's just a issue with the shipping information and everything will be fixed by monday.

wsuhoops1

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
I think it's WAY too early for anybody to get caught up in the 'expected ship date.' With so many orders, cancellations, double orders, etc., it's going to take a few days to sort out. I bet once order start getting matched with phones, a lot of dates are going to get updated. It happens every time with preorders....yet everybody loses their mind each time.

Do you think the 9/23 to 10/02 crowd could get moved up to release day?

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I didn't & I was hoping there would be information on it. I'll call AT&T next week when things have settled & ask if I can bring in my phone before I activate the new one. I'm waiting on the 6 Plus so it's going to be awhile. I want to be able to apply the trade-in to my Next balance. I don't know if that is an option.

Well according to the promo (see attached) it should come with your confirmation order. Good luck with the 6+

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 4.42.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 4.42.30 PM.png
    349.1 KB · Views: 433

nkr1974

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
i ordered at 1:23am (mst) and have a "preparing to ship" which is super fun because 9/18 is my 40th birthday!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 2.44.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 2.44.19 PM.png
    23 KB · Views: 261

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
Well according to the promo (see attached) it should come with your confirmation order. Good luck with the 6+

Thanks. I never saw anything like that. Oh, well, there's always Craigslist where I should be able to get a little more than the trade in.

duaneu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Bellevue, WA
I ended up ordering two 6's from AT&T last night after having no luck with Apple for almost an hour. They're both estimated to ship between 9/23 and 10/2. I should have stuck to my gut and waited for Apple. The two models I ordered are still available for 9/19 shipping, even now 14 hours later. Tried canceling with AT&T, but it was too late. They've already been "dropped to the warehouse", so it's too late for any changes.

Oh well, I suppose a few extra days isn't the end of the world.

jargon51

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2010
Just received a text from AT&T saying "Congratulations, we have processed your order and it has been sent to our warehouse for shipment"

I hope this is good news because I was on the list of folks that weren't expected to ship until 10/1 - 10/13.

bueller1

Suspended
Jun 13, 2012

Exactly. If you were forced to go through AT&T like I was, your best bet is to just place an order, and forget it happened for 3 days. Everything will be changing and updating constantly especially with all these bozos ordering then canceling and making all these changes. I know I know thats like asking majority of you to hold your breath for 3 days....

segrobja

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
NYC
My order status is showing preparing to ship but still has the shipping date set for 10/2 to 10/13.

bjgpp

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
Southlake, TX
hmmm status just changed to "preparing to ship"...ordered at 6:30am CST.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 4.50.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 4.50.51 PM.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 266

jkim3691

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
EVEN MORE ANNOYING..... My order was canceled because of "Unfortunately, we couldn't verify your address and, as a precaution, your order was canceled. "

What was wrong with your address? Was the shipping different from billing? I put in a different shipping address.

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
Do you think the 9/23 to 10/02 crowd could get moved up to release day?

I think anybody that ordered a 6 has a great chance of getting it on the release day. They seem to be in pretty good supply. There are a lot of of phones that have already been shipped to staging areas and probably more coming next week. As orders get matched to phones, those dates are very likely going to shift.

Now if someone ordered a 6 Plus, that sounds like a whole different ball game. I think only a fraction of preorders are going to be received on release day.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I think anybody that ordered a 6 has a great chance of getting it on the release day. They seem to be in pretty good supply. There are a lot of of phones that have already been shipped to staging areas and probably more coming next week. As orders get matched to phones, those dates are very likely going to shift.

Now if someone ordered a 6 Plus, that sounds like a whole different ball game. I think only a fraction of preorders are going to be received on release day.

Love your optimism. Even if they ship the week after launch, that would be fine. Don't really need in on the 19th. Just hope I can get the trade-in promo for my IP 5's

macbookguy

Cancelled
Dec 28, 2006
Ordered 64gb Silver 6 at 354a and it is Preparing to ship, both confirm emails (both for 19th) and text.

Ordered 16g Space Gray 6 at 401a and it is Preparing to ship, got one confirm email immediately said 19th but not the other, got the text for it. ATT order tracking says actual ship now will be Sept 23-Oct 2.

Last year I ordered through Apple and had planned on it but we all know how the Apple Store was last night. I was fairly happy with the ATT store once it stopped crashing from load :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.