Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bwb

macrumors regular
May 25, 2004
I haven't had issues with AT&T but tons of issues on wifi both home and at work. Work wifi seems to not to like App Store at all, I can view things in the App Store and the downloads to try to start but then stall. Same with iOS updates.

It carries over to home as well, where I had to full restore my phone last night to get it working on home wifi again to download apps or check updates. Both cases cell worked. Resetting network or all settings did not work, only the full restore. Home works now, work still does not.

Last edited:

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
perfecto!

image.png

Cubano21

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
Still having issues here in SWFL with LTE. Apple Music radio works fine but not queing up music. It plays for a second then stops. Also App Store try's to download but takes for ever or stalls out. Everything works perfectly on wifi.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Saw some improvement earlier during the day. Then tonight I went out of town and it's happening again. This is pretty embarrassing ATT.

DIRSGT

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2011
NC
I just downloaded two apps from the App Store without issue using AT&T LTE in NC. I haven't noted any network issues here.

obi1andkobe

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2015
I would to add that I have been dealing with this same issue as well. Although it's not throttling, it's the ATT network based on my testing. The AT&T network isn't delivering more than 5 mbits on average. I ported over to tmobile today and all my problems went away. Getting about 76 mbits in Miami with T-Mobile. I attached some screenshots from speed tests on AT&T taken a few days ago.

My testing involved driving to different points of the city and doing speed tests with an AT&T 6s+. This is either a network congestion problem or AT&T has failed to grow with the times. Either way, I switched, I am saving money and I have about 10 times the speed I had before.

To my knowledge, I have been having the problem mentioned on this thread for a good 12 months, I do not think this is limited to just apple devices.

edit - I have attached a third speed test from a oneplus one android phone to further demonstrate that AT&T is just not doing so well with their service.

20151003193107.jpg 20151003193119.jpg 20151003194243.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.