Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the1payday

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2007
Amarillo, TX
Does the data plan on a business account cover all of the phones on it, or only one phone? Also, does anyone know...if you were to get an iPhone on a business account, do you have to get a minute plan and data plan for that phone, or can you just share iPhone minutes out of the "pool" with the others on the plan, and just get the data plan for it?

sr5878

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
Does the data plan on a business account cover all of the phones on it, or only one phone? Also, does anyone know...if you were to get an iPhone on a business account, do you have to get a minute plan and data plan for that phone, or can you just share iPhone minutes out of the "pool" with the others on the plan, and just get the data plan for it?

if you call at&t im sure you can ask.

i doubt it'd matter with data because the package will still be unlimited data.

as for minutes, i'm an additional (9.99/mo) line on my father's business account and we pool our minutes... the few people i talked to on the phone said that my account specifically would be able to use the phone so i'd assume that wouldnt change.

jt2ga65

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2007
apple better have full exchange integration if they want this to fly. My IT dept still won't let their servers play with iPhone.

Not all phones on the business accounts at corporations have any capibility to connect to exchange servers, and not all of them are billed to the company. 95% of the phones my company's employees have are under the corporate business agreement (sometimes called foundation), and have no corporate email and are paid for by the employees themselves. Some of us expense out phones, some have phones that are owned and billed to the company. The advantage of the business/foundation plan is that it saves anywhere between 15 and 30% off of the monthly services. I was hoping that AT&T would enable the discount for iPhone plans, as I'm paying an extra 26% to have my iPhone without the discount.

exactly. imap is a serious security issue for my company.

It's not about security, but more about information control. Some companies wish or need, either by internal policy or by financial regulation, to control the information. There is nothing more insecure about imap technology than exchange.

-jt2

Kenal0

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
I have premier small business account.We have one FAN and one BAN on the account with 7 phones. All I want is to use my iphone on account with the pooled minutes and if I have to pay for the data plan, that is fine. Even, no discount is okay. Any idea if this will be possible?
Kenal0

emccus01

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2007
Not all phones on the business accounts at corporations have any capibility to connect to exchange servers, and not all of them are billed to the company. 95% of the phones my company's employees have are under the corporate business agreement (sometimes called foundation), and have no corporate email and are paid for by the employees themselves. Some of us expense out phones, some have phones that are owned and billed to the company. The advantage of the business/foundation plan is that it saves anywhere between 15 and 30% off of the monthly services. I was hoping that AT&T would enable the discount for iPhone plans, as I'm paying an extra 26% to have my iPhone without the discount.

It's not about security, but more about information control. Some companies wish or need, either by internal policy or by financial regulation, to control the information. There is nothing more insecure about imap technology than exchange.

-jt2

These are both true, but for someone who is caught between buying the iphone and a blackberry it is a pivotal point for myself. I can't shell out money for 2 phones. I also have verizon and the top 8 people I call all have verizon. I need the iphone to support exchange to justify myself converting my family over to att and thus buying the iphone.

brentg33

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2007
this would be great news....i do have a question, i have had my iphone for a few months now and when i got it and activated it, i enrolled it with my companies discount plan with at&t. everytime i check my account status online with at&t, i have my company discount code up on the top right of the screen under my name and stuff...however, no discounts have been applied. If this is true, will i just start getting a discount, or willl i need to call at&t?
thanks
brent

attadj

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2007
I've got two phones on business plan, both had the discount before I switched to the iphone. Now only the non-iphone has the discount. I checked the account screen today and the Iphone still shows no discounts. I don't think they will simply change all their accounts. Plus with what's being reported, I don't think we want to switch to the Business plan, looks way overpriced. I just want the discount off our base rate like I have with my other phone. I can't see that happening with this listed below.

2 year commitment, voice service, and data plan required

$45 per month for unlimited data, visual voicemail, and 200 SMSes; $55 ups the SMS limit to 1,500; $65 for unlimited everything
An extra $25 per month nabs a 20MB monthly data plan good for 29 countries, $60 per month ups the limit to 50MB

Activate by 31 March and qualified accounts will receive a service credit of $25 per month good through 31 December, 2008 -- yeah, that's a sweet deal

bpeikes

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2007
Why would any business person want the iPhone?

I have an iPhone, and I'm moderately happy, but the biggest issues I have as a "power" user are:
1) No contact search
2) No contact categories, and no I don't want groups, which supposedly work if you have folders in outlook
3) No support for multiple calendars
4) No ToDo
5) No synch of Notes with Outlook

As a business, why would you want to outfit your company with phones that were obviously made to sell songs and videos to kids, instead of a phone that has features that enhance your business. If adult usage was important to Apple, they would have contact search before "dancing icons" you can't really arrange.

erch63

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2007
Wow this is awesome news

Has anyone been able to get this done with AT&T yet? I am dying to find out if this is true.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.