Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobbyboulders

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
hey guys,

I'm messing around w/ some icons, and basically i want certain icons appearing with certain actions. What i mean is, when i choose a 'new burn folder' i want the icon i picked for the folder to appear even if i delete the original folder and choose to open up a new one.....or simply, when creating a new folder, instead of having the default 'blue' folder in osx...to have the icon i want for it to appear. Or how about when i hook up my ipod to my laptop, the icon that appears is the one ive seleted....and it should appear when ever i hook it up......did that make sense???.... Can anyone help me out?

sorry if it didnt really make sense...i tried to be as clear as i could..

bobbyboulders

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
wow thanks alot 'theanswer'. Candybar seems to work....but not with the 'new folder' option. Any advice? i even tried to restart, but it didnt take...

TheAnswer

macrumors 68030
Jan 25, 2002
Orange County, CA
wow thanks alot 'theanswer'. Candybar seems to work....but not with the 'new folder' option. Any advice? i even tried to restart, but it didnt take...

Hmmm...not sure if your are talking about the "new folder" icon that you can add when you customize your toolbar (which is listed in Candybar as New Folder) or the new folders that get created when you go to File>New Folder (which are in Candybar as Generic in the Folder Icons section). Candybar should replace either of them without problems.

bobbyboulders

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
ahh that was my bonehead mistake....awesome got it to work

again thanks alot!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.