Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

defenderoftheo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Oklahoma
For the last two days I have been getting error code 111 when trying to watch any Netflix show on my ATV 2. Not just some, any! I have got this error in the past (and 112) and was always able to fix it by rebooting the ATV, but for some reason this just will not work anymore.

I have tried rebooting everything, the ATV, my cable modem, my router, my iMac all to no avail.

Anyone else having this issue lately, or have a fix?

ghoti

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2008
Yeah, same thing over here. Super annoying. We are down to the last two episodes of LOST and very excited to watch it, but we get nothing but the 111 error every single time on ANYTHING we have tried to watch for the past two-and-a-half days.

ATV rules most days, but for the past two days it really sucks. Netflix is our main use.

Goekeli

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2002
Me too 111, power down reboot no help. It's happened about 3 times before in the past. Any ideas?

thomasc82

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2011
The past two days I've had the same issue too, but I've never seen this before previously. I've tried power-cycling the ATV 2, and reseting the router. Still the same problem.

ghoti

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2008
The past two days I've had the same issue too, but I've never seen this before previously. I've tried power-cycling the ATV 2, and reseting the router. Still the same problem.

I have tried everything I can think of from reset cycles to hardwiring to setting DNS to 8.8.8.8 but nothing works. According to another thread, the answer is to update. I don't use my JB so I'll give it a shot and report back.

patp

Apr 10, 2008
Seeing as how the Netflix error issues are on going and never seem to stabilize. We should consider making this thread a sticky.

Netflix's official answer is to power cycle your Apple TV. Kind if annoying as Netflix issues pop up all the time.

milbournosphere

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2009
San Diego, CA
I had this same problem with the code 111 all weekend. From what I can tell, it's a handshake issue. I updated to 4.2.2 yesterday and it solved the problem. I re-jailbroke with Seas0npass (they have an untethered jailbreak for 4.2.2; MUCH easier than greenPois0n), re-installed plex and all is well.

FWIW, 4.2.2 seems to be much more responsive than the older version.

Gonzbull

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2015
Bit hard for developers to advance their apps whilst still maintaining support for legacy devices. Error 111 probably is code for’ Please buy new ATV’.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.