Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

liquidsuns

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
So my Apple TV is suddenly not showing up in iTunes. I've had it for like 2 months and it's worked fine, well, it's showed up in iTunes fine. I didn't change any settings, I didn't unplug my ATV, nor even turn of my iMac. I did close iTunes at one point, but I can only assume the syncing problem happened then.

When I go to iTunes>Preferences>Apple TV, it shows the ATV there and says it's syncing. But it doesn't show up in the sidebar and the ATV isn't showing any of the videos that I stream from the iMac. The ATV internet (youtube,podcasts) is working fine. iMac internet is working fine.

I've reset my ATV, restarted iTunes, unplugged my ATV...any ideas what to do next?

I love the ATV but there are always just these little problems it keeps having; this, the remote randomly not working, content randomly disappearing, video not working, audio not working. Just....ahhhhh!

But seriously, any help with the current issue?

Shoesy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2007
Colchester, UK.
That's weird, I have NEVER heard of anything like this ever ever before (ever).

Anyway, maybe you could try a factory restore and check your network channel isn't being used by a different nearby device, or check for sources of interference.

Weird. Never heard of that. ever.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
how does the :apple:tv connect to your network?

I've had random problems with an airport express (wirelessly joins my existing non-apple network) that will show up in iTunes, but can't connect. After messing with the express for quite a while and not getting it to work, I reset my main router, and the express started working instantly.

liquidsuns

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
After updating iTunes to 9.1.1 this morning, itunes now sees the ATV again. I don't know what it's problem was. Strange little device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.