Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSunrise

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2012
Apple TV 3rd gen here. AirPlay wake from sleep broke with iOS 8. It is now semi-working with 8.2 but it's a pain. It doesn't 'just work'.

I'll pull up control centre and the AirPlay button won't be there. If I do it again it'll usually appear but sometimes I'll have to leave control centre up for 30secs or so for it to 'find' my Apple TV.

I'll then try and stream TuneIn/Spotify but it'll fail to work. The app will try to play but it's as though the ATV refuses the connection and the AirPlay button will disappear from CC. It'll then reappear but often the ATV won't show for selection for another 30 secs. If I try again it'll generally start working. Switching mirroring on usually helps.

So... it's better than iOS 8 where it didn't work at all, but it's a real pain. Oh, for the innocent days of yesteryear with iOS 6 where it worked flawlessly.
Yeah, basically the same for crashoverride77 and me, too.

Seems like Apple introduced some features that seem to have broken it somehow and seems to be having a hard time fixing it. Otherwise I can't really explain why it still doesn't work as in the iOS 6 days.

If you walk into an Apple Store they prolly won't care, but what I don't get is that Apple must have the very same problem internally. How can such a bug not be recognized by all the Apple people (in development). I don't really get it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.