Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DianeK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2013
Currently our ATV3 is ethernet connected to our Time Capsule that serves as our router. We want to temporarily connect our Blu-Ray player to the internet to download a Viera Connect app for our TV. So the easiest way without running a second cable is to disconnect the ethernet from the ATV and connect it to the Blu-Ray, do the download, then reconnect the cable to the ATV. My question is, will doing this send the ATV into apoplexy and I will have to go through its setup procedure all over again?
Thanks
Diane

MFL2012

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2012
Currently our ATV3 is ethernet connected to our Time Capsule that serves as our router. We want to temporarily connect our Blu-Ray player to the internet to download a Viera Connect app for our TV. So the easiest way without running a second cable is to disconnect the ethernet from the ATV and connect it to the Blu-Ray, do the download, then reconnect the cable to the ATV. My question is, will doing this send the ATV into apoplexy and I will have to go through its setup procedure all over again?
Thanks
Diane

You should be fine, but why not run the ATV wireless and not have to worry about situations like this?

DianeK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2013
You should be fine, but why not run the ATV wireless and not have to worry about situations like this?
Thank you for replying. Our home theatre is in the basement, computers and Time Capsule are on the main floor, old house with lathe/plaster walls...need the ethernet for good streaming!
Diane

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.