Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Caezar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Is there any device that could enable to plug both speakers (JBL Creatures) and headphones (Sennheiser CX200) into my iMac?

I use the headphones when I play games and the speakers when I watch TV shows. I wish I could avoid having to plug/unplug the audio jack into my iMac every time I make a change.

I would love to have something like a switch that would let me have both the speaker and the headphones connected at all times and enable me to pick which one I want to use.

Thanks.

localoid

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2007
America's Third World
A simple headset/speaker switch would work to route your 1/8" stereo analog out to either headset or speakers...
Plantronics makes an el-cheapo that can readily found at most computer outlets... It's just a cheap DPDT switch in a plastic box. If you had a high-powered speaker/amp system you'd probably want a more expensive solution (with muting/delay) to avoid the POP that occurs when switching that could result in frying tweeters or causing hearing damage, but for a desktop speaker system you probably won't have problems... :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.