audiophile headphone/earbud suggestions

Discussion in 'iPod' started by glocke12, Apr 10, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502a

glocke12

I currently use shure e2c's, for my ipod but am looking to replace these due to hygeine issues, and the fact that every 6 months I am dropping twenty bucks or so on those ear wax guards.

Any suggestions for a replacement ?
    Im somwhat of an audiophile, so am looking for something that delivers a nice clean, uncolored sound. I also will probably have to stay away from the in ear types.

2. macrumors 6502

munson

Go to ebay and grab yourself a pair of Jabra C820s headphones. I picked them up a few months ago from woot.com and I have been VERY pleased with them. I'm pretty sure you can get them for less than $100 in most cases, ad they work as well (if not better than) any Bose product I have used.

EDIT:
    I forgot to mention: These are around-the-ear headphones, not earbuds or on-the-ear headphones. Also, I checked ebay, and there are a TON of these going for about $60.

3. macrumors 603

netdog

I know it doesn't help regarding the ear sleeve costs, but my e4c's are fabulous.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

glocke12

dont get me wrong, I like the e2c's, but the hygeine issue i mentioned is a problem with earwax buildup. I clean my ears every day, but the e2c's always end up looking pretty nasty and gross, so I reallly cant use the in ear type.