Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
I have always had Apple Watches with the Sapphire glass, and never have had a scratch on the Sapphire Glass. Today I noticed on my AW Ultra (First Gen) it has a deep scratch going across the whole screen. I have Apple Care+ coverage, would I be able to get the watch replaced? If so how do I go about that, or what options do I have. Its really deep and you can see it really well, so it will drive me crazy lol.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
I have always had Apple Watches with the Sapphire glass, and never have had a scratch on the Sapphire Glass. Today I noticed on my AW Ultra (First Gen) it has a deep scratch going across the whole screen. I have Apple Care+ coverage, would I be able to get the watch replaced? If so how do I go about that, or what options do I have. Its really deep and you can see it really well, so it will drive me crazy lol.
Typically not, unless it impacts functionality eg touch interface…
You can contact them, share photos and see what happens

Reactions: C7 POWER

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
This is just the part I can get to show up in a pic, Its crazy deep in the one area that shows

Attachments

• Apple Watch.jpg
    Apple Watch.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 85
  • Wow
Reactions: arkitect

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
just smash the watch, say its an accident and there you go. New watch.

• Haha
Reactions: M33-1 and C7 POWER

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
3 days later I am still waiting for it to ship, I am surprised as I expected it to ship by now. My fear is this one will be without the Blood Oxygen ability even though mine is the Gen 1 Ultra. I hope not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.