Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Different countries have different carriers for the iPhone.

My idea of a Nano Touch would be 8mm thick, 3.25" tall, 2" wide, and have a 2" x 1.5" screen @ 360 x 240.
Same UI as Touch.
Wifi, but no Safari. Apps needing web access still work.
Accelerometer.
Touch apps run, except at lower resolution.
Includes special stylus, stores in edge of device.
8gb and 16gb models.
Your choice of 6 case back colors.
Same prices as current models.

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
Different countries have different carriers for the iPhone.

My idea of a Nano Touch would be 8mm thick, 3.25" tall, 2" wide, and have a 2" x 1.5" screen @ 360 x 240.
Same UI as Touch.
Wifi, but no Safari. Apps needing web access still work.
Accelerometer.
Touch apps run, except at lower resolution.
Includes special stylus, stores in edge of device.
8gb and 16gb models.
Your choice of 6 case back colors.
Same prices as current models.

I agree on everything except 2 things:

No Safari: Why not? Our iPod Touches have them and would be capable of running in the nano touch, only around Wifi areas (like the touch) PLUS people would make a big stink to apple about it. AND if it is targeted to the 13-20's crowd we don't mind a small screen, Our eyes can adjust :)

Stylus: maybe because of how small the screen will be but but remember when Apple made a big stink about a stylus with the first iPhone not having one? Jobs hates extra buttons and things attached to Apple devices.

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
I'm beginning to think the recurring rumors of a smaller iPhone are in reality a smaller iPod Touch, i.e. an iPod Nano with touchscreen. Clearly if they DO make a smaller iPhone, it follows that a smaller iPod could be it's offspring like the Touch came from the 1st iPhone.

Again, just a thought exercise.

EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT IN MY THOUGHT EXERCISE:eek:

\not sarcasm

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
I agree on everything except 2 things:

No Safari
Stylus
No Safari due to lower resolution and to differentiate from the Touch. Stylus because I've got a player the size I suggested and it came with one that is very handy for hitting small icons.

qacjared

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2008
Multi Touch Shuffle

How bout a multi Touch shuffle? I assume a screen this small wouldnt be that expensive and the other parts wouldn't either.

shufflevisionsmallsg7.gif

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
How bout a multi Touch shuffle? I assume a screen this small wouldnt be that expensive and the other parts wouldn't either.
I like the concept, qacjared. Reminds me of the very cheap little keychain photo frames most places sell these days. You'll need a home button and possibly a microscope (to read the songs list), but sell it for $49 and everyone will want one! ;) Those cheap photo frames don't do music. :mad:

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Kids may get upset when they can't get their songs to play when they want to. Shuffle after all.

My Wife lost interest in her Nano the second She opened the Touch I got her. If it had the apps and games the Touch had there would have been no point.

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Well, there were a few things right in my dream.

Accelerometer on the Nano.

No touchscreen, but with the accelerometer I see the potential for the new Nano to play some of the Touch/iPhone games.

Yes, wifi would have been more fun, but the new Nano is in my opinion now much more interesting than the old one, and by a larger degree than the new Touch is over the old Touch.

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Nano with a touchscreen! Who would of thought?

Wait, I guess I did, in 2008. Apple finally got it right, almost.
Check out qacjared's photoshop job a few posts before this one.

See beginning of this thread.

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Now the Shuffle needs some touch input. You can simulate how it would work by getting the new Nano and using it with your eyes closed.

;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.