Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
My Wife is currently wanting to go to Android because it is much easier if she Bluetooth or Android Beam our pictures instead of using Viber to send me the pix she took on her iPhone. Because we dont have internet at home and the WiFi speed in malls can be slow.

Another aspect is her USB cable has a tear and it doesnt charge her iPhone anymore. With Android, it would be much easier to charge it as I have a few micro-USB chargers lying around. I like the more universal standards and I dont want to cater to the Apple standard wants to dictate for me. Apple tethers us. Android can set us free (albiet some carriers do wrestle for control too).

I have nothing really against iOS. It is still a fantastic mobile OS and if millions are still content with it, let them be happy. I was on iOS for five years and favored it over Android up until 2012. True, some say Android is for the self-entitlement crowd that wants FREE ringtones, music, movies, games, sideloading paid apps, etc. But who also wants to be an Apple slave forever in that proprietary/closed environment? Letting them dictate what is BEST for you? Reintroducing old tech as new to their blind followers who might not be so tech savvy?

Both platforms have their pluses and minuses. I followed both platforms since the beginning back in 2007 and 2008. Was excited abt the G1 in 2008 even though Android didnt hit prime time until Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean. No right or wrong. It really boils down to preferences in the end.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.