Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slickwrapsinc

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2014
Andover, USA
After seeing your pics and how smooth it looked on there, I decided to order a Maple full 360 skin for my 6+. I cant wait to get it. Ive always thought the wood skins looks so pretty. Cant wait to get it.

Thank You and Welcome to the Slickwraps Family.

Weston
Slickwraps

----------

I had a slickwraps on my 4s couple years ago and ended up peeling it off after a few weeks b/c of skin wouldn't stay down around the corners.

Not sure if they've improved or not since but i wasnt a fan with it on the 4s.

Hi,

The iPhone 4s was by far our best seller! Sorry to hear your troubles. We stand 100% behind our products and we're always willing to reship any order out for free if a defect occurs. In fact even if it's user error, like not cleaning the phone properly or goofing on the install we will reship the order for free.

If you do decide to check us out again let me know.

Weston
Slickwraps

dajazz

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
I just ordered based on OP's writeup and pictures. Y'all should get that kid a commission check.

Ha, thanks! I'm glad others are buying and hopefully will enjoy their skins. I know skins don't get as much love as cases, but I love to go 'naked' and wanted to help others in the same boat know what their options were.

Huge Thanks and Welcome to the Family!

If you find yourself needing help or have future questions i'm here to help.

I agree 100%. @dajazz please reach out to us.

Weston
Slickwraps

Just dropped an email to the address you listed earlier :)

slickwrapsinc

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2014
Andover, USA
Ha, thanks! I'm glad others are buying and hopefully will enjoy their skins. I know skins don't get as much love as cases, but I love to go 'naked' and wanted to help others in the same boat know what their options were.

Just dropped an email to the address you listed earlier :)

Just Replied.

Thanks!
Weston

TwinCitiesJHawk

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
Thank You and Welcome to the Slickwraps Family.

Weston
Slickwraps

----------

Hi,

The iPhone 4s was by far our best seller! Sorry to hear your troubles. We stand 100% behind our products and we're always willing to reship any order out for free if a defect occurs. In fact even if it's user error, like not cleaning the phone properly or goofing on the install we will reship the order for free.

If you do decide to check us out again let me know.

Weston
Slickwraps

i remember it being the edges of the phone that was the problem, and would make the skin come up off the phone. i guess with the 6/6+ there wouldnt be a separate skin for the edges of the phone. Unfortunately I ended up tossing the skin, otherwise, if i only knew you had a 100% satisfaction guarantee I wouldve contacted you guys. I may try slickwraps again as that brushed gold 6+ catches my eye but not sure how it feels. Thanks for the reply

Mikey86uk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010
England
I'll find a photo for you! I believe someone posted on Twitter #slickwraps recently.

IMO, the Onyx is the best. It's also a better seller between the two.

Weston
Slickwraps

Thanks.

I went ahead and ordered it on Saturday morning around 8.30am UK Time which would make it 2.30am your time?

Still showing as of now as "Processing"

I assume its sold out :p ? Don't mind waiting but just thought i would ask.

slickwrapsinc

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2014
Andover, USA
Thanks.

I went ahead and ordered it on Saturday morning around 8.30am UK Time which would make it 2.30am your time?

Still showing as of now as "Processing"

I assume its sold out :p ? Don't mind waiting but just thought i would ask.

Hello,

We're closed on the weekends. We do process orders from the weekend on Monday morning. Your order will either ship today or tomorrow. When it does you'll receive a shipment notification email.

Thank You!
Weston
Slickwraps

Mikey86uk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010
England
Hello,

We're closed on the weekends. We do process orders from the weekend on Monday morning. Your order will either ship today or tomorrow. When it does you'll receive a shipment notification email.

Thank You!
Weston
Slickwraps

Ah. Thanks for letting for the info :D

slickwrapsinc

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2014
Andover, USA
i remember it being the edges of the phone that was the problem, and would make the skin come up off the phone. i guess with the 6/6+ there wouldnt be a separate skin for the edges of the phone. Unfortunately I ended up tossing the skin, otherwise, if i only knew you had a 100% satisfaction guarantee I wouldve contacted you guys. I may try slickwraps again as that brushed gold 6+ catches my eye but not sure how it feels. Thanks for the reply

Did you happen to email me? Just want to confirm it was you.

Thanks!
Weston
Slickwraps

slickwrapsinc

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2014
Andover, USA

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
looking over the photos on the site and trying to find more via twitter and Facebook...are the SlickWraps textured?

it looks like they are, would this make the phone easier to grip?

trying to get an idea how it will compare.

will this tear/scratch easily if dropped obviously that's a hard question, maybe I should say are these durable [to a point])

Thanks in advance.

jammerz

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2012
Hey guys,

I've been having some trouble with the website and checking out, as others have had. I emailed Weston (weston.pierce @ slickwraps.com) and he was able to sort it out with me through email. If you guys are having problems, I suggest emailing him directly!

SO EXCITED!

slickwrapsinc

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2014
Andover, USA
looking over the photos on the site and trying to find more via twitter and Facebook...are the SlickWraps textured?

will this tear/scratch easily if dropped obviously that's a hard question, maybe I should say are these durable [to a point])

Thanks in advance.

Hey There,

Yes, as an example; the Wood Series simulates the natural wood grain and pattern with rich depth and texture. I would suggest for grip sticking to Carbon Fiber or our Color Collection which has a sand stone finish.

They do provide minimal drop protection and ultimate scratch protection. I for myself haven't dropped my personal Plus, but i did drop my 5S on occasion and the wrap did provide phone saving protection. However, it's not a Lifeproof case, which IMO provides amazing protection for the iPhone but with that comes bulk.

Weston
Slickwraps

----------

Hey guys,

I've been having some trouble with the website and checking out, as others have had. I emailed Weston (weston.pierce @ slickwraps.com) and he was able to sort it out with me through email. If you guys are having problems, I suggest emailing him directly!

SO EXCITED!

Glad we can get you taken care of.

We're looking into the issue now.

Weston
Slickwraps

SF-RR7

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2010
Yes, we do plan to start adding more styles very soon.

I would encourage that you checkout our color series black, it has a satin finish with amazing sand stone texture.

Here's a pic someone posted just yesterday on Instagram - http://instagram.com/p/t1cXDTHdcH/

Weston
Slickwraps

----------

Just replied.

Thank You
Weston
Slickwraps

That's the Black I'm looking for actually very nice.
It's seems to add some grip???
May I order that now ???

Thanks

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
Hey There,

Yes, as an example; the Wood Series simulates the natural wood grain and pattern with rich depth and texture. I would suggest for grip sticking to Carbon Fiber or our Color Collection which has a sand stone finish.

They do provide minimal drop protection and ultimate scratch protection. I for myself haven't dropped my personal Plus, but i did drop my 5S on occasion and the wrap did provide phone saving protection. However, it's not a Lifeproof case, which IMO provides amazing protection for the iPhone but with that comes bulk.

Weston
Slickwraps

Thank you!

You've been very helpful on here.
I was at first thinking it was simply printed to look like it had texture but then various photos all made different highlights/shadows that made me think there was actually some texture.

I was look at the Carbon Fiber (as shown in the first post here) but now am thinking the Leather or alligator leather look is nice too. dilemma

I was thinking of getting an ultra-thin case but these could be just as nice (and offer a similar protection...maybe the cases would offer slight dent protection)

slickwrapsinc

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2014
Andover, USA
Thank you!

You've been very helpful on here.
I was at first thinking it was simply printed to look like it had texture but then various photos all made different highlights/shadows that made me think there was actually some texture.

I was look at the Carbon Fiber (as shown in the first post here) but now am thinking the Leather or alligator leather look is nice too. dilemma

I was thinking of getting an ultra-thin case but these could be just as nice (and offer a similar protection...maybe the cases would offer slight dent protection)

We found that clear TPU cases seem to work best.

Weston
Slickwraps

erftbll81

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
I've tried the iPhone 5 Carbon Fiber Series, these look great. I've had no issues with them peeling off over time.

dajazz

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011

Thanks in advance.

My carbon fiber that I posted has a nice grip compared to the naked finish, it's not sticky but it's not really smooth or slippery so I'm not worried about the phone falling out of my hand.

I can't see the wrap tearing if you drop the phone, it feels extremely durable and it's definitely not a flimsly film/wrap material. As for scratches, I just looked at my rMini that has been sitting half naked (carbon fiber wrap + Apple leather front cover) in my work bag daily for almost a year. No scratches on the wrap at all, it looks as good as the day I installed it. So yes, they are definitely durable :)

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
I just ordered the full body 6 leather skin. Does it cover the whole phone like the OPs pictures?

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
Just ordered carbon black for my i6+ I just hope it holds up, I like to put my iPhone in the leather case when I go running.

I bought this skin so I can go caseless(like I did with i5s). The i6+ is just too slick.

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
Hey,

Yes, it's exactly like the OP.

Thank You
Weston

Weston, ordered last week and received a "shipped" Email with a tracking number on the 3rd. Tracking does not show that USPS has it yet. Is there a delay? You guys swamped? PM me and I can give you my order number.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.