Backing up from iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by prp134, Jan 23, 2007.

1. prp134 macrumors regular

Jun 29, 2005
    Alright so I searched the previous post and I could find a clear answer to my Im wondering if anyone can help....

Alright so I want to back up all of my music, playlist and videos on my ipod, I have to take my ipod in to get a new one. However, in order to save space on my pc, I always delete stuff in my itunes so I cant do that smartplaylist and then burn or any other option.

So am there a way to back up all of my data (music,playlist,videos) FROM my ipod?:confused:
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    So you have Windows? Enable the viewing of hidden files in Explorer and simply drag everything back into My Computer (or wherever) from the iPod. :)
  3. net26 macrumors member

Aug 30, 2006
    IF you're using a windows PC you might want to check out CopyPod and maybe some other software from the same company. i think iCloner should do what you want pretty well.

4. Howard Brazee macrumors 6502

Howard Brazee

Oct 24, 2006
    Lafayette CO
    What happens when we connect to a 2nd computer and it loads iTunes with your iPod's music? Does all the music get transfered?

If so - does this work as a backup? Can we upgrade to a new iPod and load it from this computer?
  5. shunpike macrumors regular

Nov 17, 2006
    Oxford, UK
  6. peletrane macrumors member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Enable Hidden Files from Windows Explorer and then Copy and paste the files from iPod to HD. That worked for me when I last had a Windows Machine (never again, thankfully!!)
  7. balamw Moderator

Staff Member

Aug 16, 2005
    New England
  8. shunpike macrumors regular

Nov 17, 2006
    Oxford, UK
  9. Blackhawk2006 macrumors member

Dec 21, 2006
    use ipodutil ... it is free and works like a charm !