Backing up from iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by prp134, Jan 23, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

Alright so I searched the previous post and I could find a clear answer to my questions...so Im wondering if anyone can help....

Alright so I want to back up all of my music, playlist and videos on my ipod, I have to take my ipod in to get a new one. However, in order to save space on my pc, I always delete stuff in my itunes so I cant do that smartplaylist and then burn or any other option.

So am wondering...is there a way to back up all of my data (music,playlist,videos) FROM my ipod?:confused:

2. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

So you have Windows? Enable the viewing of hidden files in Explorer and simply drag everything back into My Computer (or wherever) from the iPod. :)

3. macrumors member

IF you're using a windows PC you might want to check out CopyPod and maybe some other software from the same company. i think iCloner should do what you want pretty well.

n

4. macrumors 6502

Howard Brazee

What happens when we connect to a 2nd computer and it loads iTunes with your iPod's music? Does all the music get transfered?

If so - does this work as a backup? Can we upgrade to a new iPod and load it from this computer?

5. macrumors regular

6. macrumors member

Enable Hidden Files from Windows Explorer and then Copy and paste the files from iPod to HD. That worked for me when I last had a Windows Machine (never again, thankfully!!)

7. Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

8. macrumors regular

9. macrumors member

use ipodutil ... it is free and works like a charm !