Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Astral Cars

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 11, 2005
St. Paul
Hey I've got a 1.5GHz 15" PB and lately the backlit keyboard hasn't worked. It doesn't light up when it gets dark and when I try to turn it up using F10 key the little image shows up on the screen but below it is a circle with a line through it saying I can't. In keyboard preferences the option is selected to "Illuminate keyboard in low light conditions." I feel like this happened once before and it was a pretty easy fix, but I'm thinking this is different because I haven't gotten it to work again.
Also for some reason the little light on the button to open the computer that usually comes on when it's sleeping now randomly turns on and off. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to when it turns on and for how long. Sometime it's on for less than a second sometimes a minute. This seems weird to me.

I had the logic board replaced recently because the lower RAM slot had gone bad. I'm not exactly sure if these problems came up immediately after that as a result, but it wasn't too long after.

Any thoughts or explanations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.