Backup Dead in Panther?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by alset, Oct 26, 2003.

1. macrumors 65816

alset

Unrecoverable error every time I try to load Backup.app. Anyone else have this problem in Panther?

Dan

2. macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

I have the Backup 2 beta and it starts up just fine. I did a clean install of Panther if that matters to you.

3. Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I can get backup to run (the beta one) but you can't schedule backups in Panther! Ouch...

4. macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Both Backup and Sherlock don't work on my PowerBook after installing 10.3. I did a clean install twice and installed on my PowerBook G3 just to make sure it wasn't my computer but they still don't work on either one.

5. macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

Yipes, you're right!

6. thread starter macrumors 65816

alset

Well, now I feel silly... I downloaded the installer for beta 2 and forgot to install it! :rolleyes: Thanks, guys.

Dan

7. macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Has anyone noticed any glitches or bugs with Backup 2 beta? My Backup doesn't work but I am hesitant about downloading and installing a beta program since Apple's website says that once you install Backup 2, it is really difficult to revert back to the older version that it overwrites.

8. macrumors member

Backup (not the beta version) started to crash on my machine quite some time ago after working flawless. I gave it a try again yesterday to prepare for the Panther installation but it still didn't work.