Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrock2004

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2008
PA
So I been using carbon copy cloner for the longest but the adding files to not include is a pain. I do not like Time Machine because it more of versioning of stuff instead of backing up. So anyone got a nice clean tool for backing up your stuff on Lion? Thanks

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
So I been using carbon copy cloner for the longest but the adding files to not include is a pain. I do not like Time Machine because it more of versioning of stuff instead of backing up. So anyone got a nice clean tool for backing up your stuff on Lion? Thanks

SuperDuper works great as well. I use TM, and either CCC or SuperDuper, either work fine for me.

Tearabite

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2009
So.California
I do not like Time Machine because it more of versioning of stuff instead of backing up.

it worked as a great for me as a simple, one-click way to restore everything (files, settings, accounts) to my new Mac when my old one died.. Just sayin..
I use a combination of Time Machine and an online-backup solution..

jrock2004

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2008
PA
it worked as a great for me as a simple, one-click way to restore everything (files, settings, accounts) to my new Mac when my old one died.. Just sayin..
I use a combination of Time Machine and an online-backup solution..

The issue I have is the versioning control. What I mean is I do not need the version that was done 3 days ago. I just want it to backup the most recent version only

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.