Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phrancpharmD

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2003
Historic Norcross
Originally posted by whocares
Possibly. But will it still be as good if you know it's *not* bad for you? :p

:)

Originally posted by agreenster
Vegetarians......sheesh. Humans are omnivores.

Really agreenster, let us know how you feel :rolleyes: Omnivores, yes, meaning we are capable of eating both animals AND plants. . .

Originally posted by question fear
boca fake italian sausage..even better...drool.

Yeah man, those Boca Italian sausages and Bratwursts are WICKED good!

jywv8

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
Originally posted by Powerbook G5
Bacon is nasty. Nothing but strips of fat being fried up in its own fatty grease. Why not just have a granola bar for breakfast instead?

Um...because it's yummy.

I rarely feel like eating meat, but when I do, I like eating all the meats that are really bad for you: bacon, sausage, salami, pepperoni, hot dogs! Go figure.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
My mom puts a few strips of bacon in the homemade baked beans she makes for the annual Independence Day block party. It is one of the first things to go (along with everybody's summer diet plans - people sure like those red, white, and blue cupcakes too)!

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
One knows that the hardware upgrades are way overdue when a Bacon™ thread generates more buzz than Powerbook-G5 rumors. ^_^

(Maybe we should promote the Bacon thread to page 2)

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
Originally posted by srobert
One knows that the hardware upgrades are way overdue when a Bacon™ thread generates more buzz than Powerbook-G5 rumors. ^_^

(Maybe we should promote the Bacon thread to page 2)

Don't forget to brush your slot-loading Bacon™ drive.

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
Originally posted by oldschool
Vanilla Scrambled eggs?

Please explain.

Once, my wife accidentally put the vanilla soy milk into the scrambled eggs instead of regular soy milk. I kind of liked it. It's sweeter and, well, vanilla. In fact, eating the cold refrigerated leftovers was even better than when they were warm. It was kind of like a cross between eggs and ice cream. But I had them warm this morning.

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2003
hahaha eggs and ice cream. While that sounds nasty, i'm going to try it tomorrow morning.

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
Originally posted by Awimoway
My youngest daughter, who is only three, likes to tell me, whenever I am eating dead animal products, "I hate meat."

My wife and I don't know where she got her aversion from, but we don't think it's a bad thing necessarily. If she wants to grow up vegetarian, more power to her.

However her big sister, who is four, is pure carnivore. Go figure.

There is some vitamin that you only get from meat and multivitamins that the body can't produce. One of the B's. Without it you can get serious brain damage. Adults its not so bad since the body can store years worth. Make sure she at least gets eggs and milk.

whocares

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
:noitаɔo˩
Originally posted by MongoTheGeek
Back on topic though, I should make some bacon ice cream.

Yay! Pig fat + cow fat...
Double the instant heart attack potential! :eek: :p

Pls don't tell you're gonna use fat free cream for the ice cream ;)

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
Originally posted by phrancpharmD
Silk?

Often. I like Sun Soy a little better, even though it's not organic (hell I eat bacon--it's not like I'm going to win any health nut awards). But they're both made by White Wave.

Even plain Silk has a strong hint of vanilla. And sometimes Sun Soy has an undertone of watermelon, of all things.

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
I've never had a Morning star product but I may have to attempt the bacon sometime. My girlfriend has been quite vocal with the fact that she finds their products nasty so I've stayed away and been quite happy with about everything that Boca and Garden burger comes out with. One thing that my girlfriend wants more than anything right now is for Boca to come out with a hot dog product since she is in love with the new line of sausages they have now. If they do come out with some, I'll have to try making some pigs in a blanket with them since I remember that was the only way I'd eat a hot dog besides packing it so full of chili, peppers, bbq, onions, and cheese that I could feel my heart crying as I took a bite. The best thing even, even though it is simple, is to take those Pillsbury crescent rolls and roll a piece of velveeta cheese and a hot dog in them and bake them. Talk about the best damn pig in a blanket you could ever eat.

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
Originally posted by whocares
But that's why it's so good :D :D
My personal favourite is mopping up the fat from the pan with a piece of bread. Instant heart attack!

If you have a generally healthy diet, it's ok to indulge in some bad fat from time to time. The body doesn't mind as it can deal with small amounts... I'll have bacon once or twice a month if its available. Yes living in France does have its disadvantages, *no bacon* :eek: :eek:

Hey, it's 1pm and I'm hungry... [goes to kitchen and cooks up a bacon sandwich :D ]

OH GOD!!! I'm having a heart attack just reading about it! soaking up bread with bacon fat and eating the stuff, ugh. I love bacon as much as the next person, but I have to remove every little bit of visible fat before I can eat it. Maybe that's why I have low blood pressure

pimentoLoaf

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 30, 2001
The SimCity Deli
Y'all are forgetting one li'l household tip:

To clear an old closet of bad air, hang a few rashers of hickory-smoked bacon from the ceiling -- they're better 'an cedar chips. :D

phrancpharmD

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2003
Historic Norcross
Originally posted by Powerbook G5
One thing that my girlfriend wants more than anything right now is for Boca to come out with a hot dog product since she is in love with the new line of sausages they have now.

It's been a long time since I've seen them (or actually even looked for them) but I recall Yves as being REALLY good vegetarian (may even be vegan) "hot dogs."

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
powerbook g5, im with you on boca and the hot dogs...i have yet to find a satisfactory veggie dog, but i hadnt found a satisfactory sausage until boca either.
mm.
staying sorta on the top of pig and fake pig, ever have gardenburgers riblets? amazing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.