Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacCubed

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2014
Florida
Sometimes...it works the other way around ....Recently a seller thought it was a G5, while it was a Mac Pro.... Scored it at us68.00 !
Thats lucky! The seller who I bought my Quad from had it listed as a Mac Pro G5, so no one looked at it. I bought it since the spec label said it was a Quad, and also that it had the AP/BT combo. It turned out to be a prototype, so for $75 I think I did pretty good lol

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Here is another one of those rare hard to find "Mac Pro G4's"
I tried contacting the seller to find out which version of the MDD it is,
but so-far no response.

Screenshot 2016-01-21 at 9.41. AM.png

Reactions: tevion5

comda

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
Here is another one of those rare hard to find "Mac Pro G4's"
I tried contacting the seller to find out which version of the MDD it is,
but so-far no response.

View attachment 611779

Sadly this is a case of Buyer beware. Dont take that incorrectly. I am in no way accepting the misleading information the seller has provided, nor am i supporting the seller because he clearly knows what he/she is selling. Granted this machine does seem to be upgraded but at least he has put in the G4 fact that it is a G4. Perhaps the seller isnt fully aware its a Power Macintosh, or perhaps like many these days he is trying to take people for a ride. Either way i find its pointless when someone posts and advert and then does not reply.

Moral of the story, When purchasing an item, do your homework. Dont believe the seller knows everything. If you do the homework and know a thing or two on the device, say this "Mac Pro G4" you will know what youre purchasing as well as what its pros/cons are.
Some will argue with me but i think $150 is still a beit steep despite this machine has been upgraded. Or at least it appears so, granted i do not see a CPU speed specification.

Personally i believe apple released the most beautiful machines in the PPC era but despite this, these machines unlike some fans here no longer fit my needs and its a shame im only 20 and was introduced late into this world. I still keep and collect PPC macs if for free/very low cost as for myself i need a minimum of a Core 2 Duo machine.

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Is there a 'Good Apple' Craigslist thread? The intention being a place to share PowerPC finds with other forum users?

No, but feel free to make one. I'm not sure if that's allowed since there is the marketplace, but I think it's ok as long as you aren't posting your own sales.

rawweb

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2015
Here's a fun one...$300 bucks for a DP 2?!?! NUTS!

What's even better...the demands! I would love to reply to folks like this and tear in...One could buy a brand new in box apple wired keyboard for like 50 bucks. What a complete rip off:

Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 12.23.02 AM.png

Also, a personal rant. I can't stand folks that don't list any technical specs of the machine. I always make sure to note everything from processor, video card to hard drives. If you're lazy, at least point to every mac or something.

Reactions: swamprock

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Niagara Falls, ON - lets see at today's currency rate $250 CDN = $177.90 US. Still too much . . . . .
Go ahead make fun of our dollar, I just purchased a $4.25 unrelated item from the USA.
after conversion My paypal was dinged for just under $25 CA.:(
But like many other items, I wanted it, so what the hell.
Screenshot 2016-01-28 at 6.34. PM.png

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
Another bargain. Hurry........!!

Clavier 1k.jpg

Apple Extended Keyboard II (M3501)
"Beautiful vintage mechanical keyboard for a true geek or for collection (model 1994).
After multiple tests, this keyboard offers unparalleled performance in both typing comfort and key repetition speed.
Recommended use: For a casual player (?), it will be impossible to tell the difference between a conventional keyboard. For an expert, the minimal difference between feeling each switch will be decisive and synonymous with victory on the playing field. (????)
Warning: keyboard sold as found, with some residual traces of beard and cat hair hidden between and underneath the keys.
Give new life to this exceptional keyboard."
Price: €1000 ($1093) !!!!!

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
Creative Suite 2 is definitely not freeware nor has Adobe made it or the static keys available to those without a valid CS2 licence.

Reactions: laurihoefs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.