Bad Video in iMovie 3...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by coopdog, Feb 13, 2003.

1. coopdog macrumors 6502a

I'm doing a school project on Julius Ceaser the Play... I'm making a video and using a Cannon ZR10 and the one Cannon below the GL... So nice mini DV cams... This project is 1/2 of our grade so its really big! I imported the video via FireWire into my 350 G4 and the quality is so Bad! Especialy on Titles. Would the quality be better in FCP3/FCXP? My friend is doing the same project using a Sony Cam in the same price range, and using FC express (FCXP) and his video looks so crisp! Is there a Tech. Reason for this? Any info would be great or Tips. Thanks!!!!

2. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

Did the titles and everything look good in preview mode? At one time I was having a problem with iMovie 2 where everything looked nice and clean in the preview, but once you played thr actual movies, eveything would get blocky.

3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Have you tried recording the video back to tape and playing it on a TV to see how it looks? I've heard that slower Macs will lower the on-screen res because it can't display the full res video w/o dropping frames.

Lethal

4. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

Lethal's right.

Whenever I import video into iMovie on my iBook, the video and the titles look like crap. I always think they are going to turn out looking horrible. But, once I export the video back to my Canon ZR 25 MC camera, the video looks crystal clear. You shouldn't have a problem editing in iMovie.

5. coopdog thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh thanks!

Thanks for the replies ill use iMovie 3 instead of FCP.
    I'm struggling to use FCP express... Its hard i have never used it before, SO many more options than iMovie 3 though!! It seems to run a lot faster on my slow G4... Strange.

6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Re: Oh thanks!

iMovie 3 has some speed issues. Hopefully Apple will able to patch it soon.

Lethal

7. coopdog thread starter macrumors 6502a

In FCE (Final cut express)

In FCE (Final cut express) How do i add titles? Like test on the screen???! I can add transitions but not text. How do I do that?