Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Sucks that I'm in the third batch to be shipped due to the black bezel. :( Oh, well.

I can't wait! :D

Geez1234

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Sucks that I'm in the third batch to be shipped due to the black bezel. :( Oh, well.

Is this even if your discount code was A, thus the first group? Weak!
ETA: ah, I see, one extra week. Guess I'm waiting for the 4th. It sounds as if some of the first group may have already been received.

These do look great though... Here's one of their photos.
7f687a7f.jpg

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia

Geez1234 said:

Is this even if your discount code was A, thus the first group? Weak!
ETA: ah, I see, one extra week. Guess I'm waiting for the 4th. It sounds as if some of the first group may have already been received.

These do look great though... Here's one of their photos.
7f687a7f.jpg

Yeah, I saw that picture. I'm a fan of them on FaceBook. Haha. :)

The cases are sick. I'm not one to spend so much on one case, but I'm sure it will be well worth it. Plus, they guys that run it seem absolutely amazing. They're a small business, & I'll support anyone who puts that much hard work/time into their products.

Xibalba

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2009
Indiana, USA
I love the look of the case but it does look a tad thick. I'm going to wait for some reviews.

exactly my thoughts - beautiful case idea. way too thick for my tastes. still i appreciate the effort and design that went into these cases - kudos to the company and i hope that they do very well.

hlkc

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Thanks for showing the picture.

Few questions...

Did they actual ship the case yet? Based on their schedule the 1st shipment is not going out until 7/31, right? If so, did the manufacture post the above picture?

Anyone know how thick is the case? From their site, it does not look that thick. But from the picture posted above, it does look pretty thick and add quite a bit thickness to the iPhone 4. Is it the case?

Any comment and thought are highly appreciated!

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia

hlkc said:
Thanks for showing the picture.

Few questions...

Did they actual ship the case yet? Based on their schedule the 1st shipment is not going out until 7/31, right? If so, did the manufacture post the above picture?

Anyone know how thick is the case? From their site, it does not look that thick. But from the picture posted above, it does look pretty thick and add quite a bit thickness to the iPhone 4. Is it the case?

Any comment and thought are highly appreciated!
That was a picture that they posted on their Facebook page. They have a ton of pictures of the production process. http://www.facebook.com/pages/grove/218327051148

I'm not sure just how thick. I don't mind if it's a little on the thick side, so I haven't checked.

Geez1234

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
No idea just how thick it is.... I'm scheduled to have mine shipped between 7/31 and 8/4 due to the black bezel delay. I can certainly measure/take pics then.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
If your into the whole wood thing then yeah they look nice, but they appear to make an already wide device look even wider and by the manufacturers own admission offer little protection when you drop the phone.

Cases it seems are divided between aesthetically pleasing but functionally weak and those that are plain fugley but protect your glass phone.

I'm just waiting for someone to produce a glass case.

Geez1234

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
If your into the whole wood thing then yeah they look nice, but they appear to make an already wide device look even wider and by the manufacturers own admission offer little protection when you drop the phone.

Cases it seems are divided between aesthetically pleasing but functionally weak and those that are plain fugley but protect your glass phone.

I'm just waiting for someone to produce a glass case.

I have a feeling that it will provide reasonable protection. I got the impression that he was stating that it wasn't for protection as a disclaimer so that no one beat it like an otterbox and then complained about it not holding up to that. At another point in their page he stated that they simply hadn't done drop testing with them. I don't see why it wouldn't provide similar protection to any hard plastic cases out there.

spyder321

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
I just got my plain case today, I think the case looks great but it makes the phone feel too bulky, I plan on returning it, If someone here wants to buy it off me PM me, $50 takes it, shipped. I already emailed them to return it but if someone wants it here it's theirs...

talk1

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2010
I got mine about ten days ago and I very pleased with it. The button openings are perfectly made, so no effort required. It snaps shut seamlessly and looks great. Definitely gets noticed.

Dominat0r

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
friend of mine had the incase bambaoo for his 3GS...its a nice case, but it CANT take a beating. After a few months his started to chip, showing the bamboo under (his was black). Finally it cracked, from what he said was normal use, i think he dropped it =)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.