Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
The top banner doesnt load for me and causing the site to endlessly load. IT hasnt work for me for quite awhile. this is using the newest firefox version.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Same problem here (Firefox 16.0.1) except that I just now noticed that I'm not seeing any ads whatsoever, not just the top banner. That's cool and all, I suppose, but whatever's going on is making all pages load really slowly for me.

Also, for what its worth, I'm using a Windows XP desktop (at work).

For comparison purposes, I launched the site using IE 8 and, while I still don't see any ads, it loaded much faster (damn it!).

To rule out the possibility that it was my company's network settings that were blocking the ads, I launched the site from my iPhone on cellular (turned Wi-Fi off) and I could see the ads on the mobile site but they disappear when I switch to the full site.

Oh, and I don't have Chrome or Safari on this machine so I can't test either of those.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I opened Firefox 16.0.1 on Windows 7 and I saw the ads once. Then I saw it hang on a couple of sites.

• dis.criteo.com
  • bh.contextweb.com
  • c.localhost.com

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
I opened Firefox 16.0.1 on Windows 7 and I saw the ads once. Then I saw it hang on a couple of sites.

• dis.criteo.com
  • bh.contextweb.com
  • c.localhost.com

Wow. All of a sudden, just mere seconds ago, the hangups stopped (I was seeing the same ones as you) and now pages are loading really quickly.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Though I'm no longer seeing any hangups, I'm still not seeing ads, which I assume is an issue (I'm guessing that's MR's only source of revenue).

The ads are showing up for me. Arn will see this thread if he hasn't already and take care of the issues. :)

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
im still having issues where nothing shows in the banner. its not that big a deal since i hate ads anyway but i imagine its some kind of revenue for macrumors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.