Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WeatherWeasel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
Des Moines, Iowa
I have a 12 Pro and not that old. Last night it appears the battery didn't charge, it showed on the little icon when I plugged it in that it was charging, but this morning only 22% and I started with 51%.

So I did what I have done in the past when I had my 8 plus when it happened. I shut off the phone. Waited a couple minutes and then put it on the charger. The phone rebooted and now it is taking the charge again.

The battery is in good shape, but something with the charging shutting down.

Thoughts?

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
The plug didn't make a good connection. You might have some debris or lint in the Lightning connector. Blow it out.

Reactions: WeatherWeasel

WeatherWeasel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
Des Moines, Iowa
The plug didn't make a good connection. You might have some debris or lint in the Lightning connector. Blow it out.
I am using the magna charger. I am running an ultrasonic humdifier that I suspect might have got enough water between phone and charger, although that hasn't happened all year. Tonight , if we survive the severe weather , I will try it without the humidifier running.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
My 6 Plus which I only retired 5 months ago would refuse to charge quite often. I’d plug in the lightning cable and… nothing. Wiggling the cable or re inserting it numerous times didn’t help.
Then I’d reboot it and it would charge fine.

It never used to do that - for years but started misbehaving recently. It wasn’t an iOS bug because the phone was still running iOS 9, the same OS it had been running for 5 years.

Reactions: WeatherWeasel
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.