Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Yup. Restored from back up. Screen about 45% with auto, wifi and bluetooth on. This was my first full drain.

.. and yeah, I spent almost an hour on Tinder. So what? :D (three matches, all hookers :()

8 hours isn't bad to be honest, quite impressed.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
I was able to eke out 1-2 days on iPhone 5. So far, it seems like I can get 3-4 on iPhone 6.

What do I not do? Check Facebook/Instagram/Twitter 24/7. That's the biggest battery (and time) drain right there.

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
I am very impressed by the battery life of my iPhone 6. So far it has never gone below 40% through a full day of use:

Multiple email accounts set to 15 minutes updates
Twitter
Evernote
Clash of Clans
Texting
Phone
Internet

Wifi is on
Bluetooth is on
Screen brightness is at 50%

With my iPhone 5 I could easily be down to 20-30% after a full day. But, so far with my iPhone 6 it's been well above 40% by every night. In fact today I took my iPhone 6 off charger at 8am and it's now 1pm. The battery life is at 92%. Ha.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
You guys restore from backup?

I did. Battery on my phone is great. I was always in the "set up as new" camp but I got lazy on the 5S and restored from local backup when I was beta testing. I also restored from backup on the 6. Works great, even better after I let it drain and then fully charge. Unless you're phone has been having serious problems, it's really not an issue to restore from backup IMO but others feel different. Do what you're comfortable with.

Last edited:

jason4427

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010
Chicago
I am very impressed by the battery life of my iPhone 6. So far it has never gone below 40% through a full day of use:

Multiple email accounts set to 15 minutes updates
Twitter
Evernote
Clash of Clans
Texting
Phone
Internet

Wifi is on
Bluetooth is on
Screen brightness is at 50%

With my iPhone 5 I could easily be down to 20-30% after a full day. But, so far with my iPhone 6 it's been well above 40% by every night. In fact today I took my iPhone 6 off charger at 8am and it's now 1pm. The battery life is at 92%. Ha.

What carrier? Good signal strength?

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2008
Getting great results as well. Hope 8.01 I'm downloading doesnt kill it.

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
I'm pretty impressed overall. I'm a fairly heavy user & am regularly sending texts, making calls & checking social media throughout the day. With my "5", I was pulling it off the charger at 6am, and normally to leave it on my desk for a charge by 3:30pm or so when I'd be down to 5-10%. With the 6 I can make the day and still be at 20% or so when I get home @ 8:00pm! 5-more hours is a huge deal to me.

And that's good, because the 6 would humongous with a Mophie charging case on it!!

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
As an update, I fiddled with some settings and now getting over 7 hours of usage. Now I am impressed!

jerjoe

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2010
Charged phone all night -- took it off charger. I was looking up usage stats later in the day and phone just shows the dashes like I didn't charge it -- Any ideas --- thanks. Joe

scottw324

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
My wife's Verizon 6+ was at 70%+ at the end of the evening. My ATT 6+ was at 27%.

I used my phone more during the day yesterday, but it sure does seem like mine is draining the battery faster than hers.

In general with my 5 (not 5S) I would be at 10-15% by the end of a day. So far it doesn't feel like my 6+ battery life is any better than by 5 battery life. I was expecting a bit better.

Right now it's 2:40PM PDT, and I'm at 66%, and haven't used the phone too much at all. Again probably about the same as it was with the iPhone 5.

A lot of things can factor into this such as Facebook notifications, Twitter, email, background refresh, signal strength, etc...

I know with both my iP5 and my iP6+ I have to turn cellular data off when I am at work since the signal is so bad in the building that the phone is constantly straining to connect. It just runs the battery down fast. I can have a 40-50% loss of power without even using the phone when I am at work just because of the signal strength issue. If I turn cellular data off and just keep the phone on for text and phone calls (which doesn't use cellular data) I get maybe a 10% battery drain over the entire 10 hrs at work.

I am on day two with my 6+ and it has 16% power left.
Usage time since last full charge: 11 hrs 19 mins
Standby time since last full charge: 1 day 11 hrs

Brightness set at about 30% (auto-brightness off)
Wifi only on when at home
BT on all the time
Email set to fetch ever hour (push off)
I limit the amount of notifications I get (10 apps)
Background App Refresh (1, The weather channel)
Under Privacy Turned off the following:
Location-Based iAds
Share My Location
Frequent Locations
Diagnostics & Usage
Popular Near Me

I only allow 5 apps access to my location while I am using and one Always.

Most of my usage comes from using Feedly, Safari, email, Pandora, and text.

Last edited:

RobNor

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2010
I have the 6+,previously I had the 5s which from a full charge in the morning when I got home from work the battery was generally down to 40-45% with the 6+ I'm only down to 70-75%

TheAppleGeek

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2010
St. Louis
The iPhone 5 I had could not even hold a single charge. It would die on me, daily, by the time it hit 20% or 25%. My iPhone 6 has gone four days without even hitting under 10% so far. It's like a totally new world!

kweevuss

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2012
My 6+ on the first full charge lasted about 1 day, and until I was going to bed the second day. I'm very happy with mine :)

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
Mine has been solid. This includes a 49 minute run where I was using the GPS on the nike app. Not sure why my home screen takes up so much battery though.

8c62944c39b0a5f39ee3d9680d5fc99b.jpg

Ayeyotone

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2012
A lot of things can factor into this such as Facebook notifications, Twitter, email, background refresh, signal strength, etc...

I know with both my iP5 and my iP6+ I have to turn cellular data off when I am at work since the signal is so bad in the building that the phone is constantly straining to connect. It just runs the battery down fast. I can have a 40-50% loss of power without even using the phone when I am at work just because of the signal strength issue. If I turn cellular data off and just keep the phone on for text and phone calls (which doesn't use cellular data) I get maybe a 10% battery drain over the entire 10 hrs at work.

I am on day two with my 6+ and it has 16% power left.
Usage time since last full charge: 11 hrs 19 mins
Standby time since last full charge: 1 day 11 hrs

Brightness set at about 30% (auto-brightness off)
Wifi only on when at home
BT on all the time
Email set to fetch ever hour (push off)
I limit the amount of notifications I get (10 apps)
Background App Refresh (1, The weather channel)
Under Privacy Turned off the following:
Location-Based iAds
Share My Location
Frequent Locations
Diagnostics & Usage
Popular Near Me

I only allow 5 apps access to my location while I am using and one Always.

Most of my usage comes from using Feedly, Safari, email, Pandora, and text.

[url=http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u620/scottw324/F86E1F27-455D-4443-B24D-97AF50DD5932_zpsmtbtjp6j.png]Image[/URL]

How long do u let your phone charge once it hits a 100?

scottw324

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
Typically it just charges over night so to be honest I am not sure. Figure it takes two hrs to charge and I usually plug it in around 9pm where it is somewhere around 40% sometimes depending on how much I used it that day or if I forgot to turn cell data off at work. So it is probably fully charged around 11pm, 12am at the latest. I get up around 4:30 AM so the phone comes off the charger at that time. It maybe trickle charges for 4-5 hours a day. If I get home and plug it in and it is at full charge by the time I go to sleep I usually unplug it and just let it sit there until I wake up. Doing that tonight actually since it is fully charged now at 10:10PM. Will see how much I lose tonight while I sleep.

RRF985

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2013
Doing really well with battery here as well. My iPhone 5 never lasted me this long. Really happy with my 6.

scottw324

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
Typically it just charges over night so to be honest I am not sure. Figure it takes two hrs to charge and I usually plug it in around 9pm where it is somewhere around 40% sometimes depending on how much I used it that day or if I forgot to turn cell data off at work. So it is probably fully charged around 11pm, 12am at the latest. I get up around 4:30 AM so the phone comes off the charger at that time. It maybe trickle charges for 4-5 hours a day. If I get home and plug it in and it is at full charge by the time I go to sleep I usually unplug it and just let it sit there until I wake up. Doing that tonight actually since it is fully charged now at 10:10PM. Will see how much I lose tonight while I sleep.

Well took the phone off the charger last night around 10:10 PM and just woke up now and still have 100% battery.

Not bad. No loss over the last few hours.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.