Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Why is Apple so stingy with Battery size? I get it the Apple CPU is efficient but still. They could've put a 4.5K mAh battery in the regular iPhone 14 Pro and a 5.5K mAh in the Max Version but no.

We all know the advertised Battery life on a daily basis isn't true.

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
Why is Apple so stingy with Battery size? I get it the Apple CPU is efficient but still. They could've put a 4.5K mAh battery in the regular iPhone 14 Pro and a 5.5K mAh in the Max Version but no.

All day battery life is true... Obviously results will vary depending on usage. But for most, both the Pro and Pro Max will easily get a day's battery life.
They couldn't fit a larger battery without making the device thicker/heavier. It's already increased in thickness, any more would start to be too noticeable.

If these devices didn't get the claimed battery life, you'd see endless topics started by people complaining and people would be up in arms about the 14 Pro models not getting a massive increase.

Last edited:

seezar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2018
The pro max line is known to get great battery life, I can attest to that. I don't think they've been stingy at all. Also, The pro models with their stainless steel and such are pretty hefty phones as is. You add a much larger battery and phone weight will really start to become an issue.

fuai

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2023

It’s not just battary size, but everything Apple:
- No 2 TB storage, but more expensive
- Probably worse battary life with the added computing
- That damned camera lense protrusion has not even been addressed, that makes me the most angry, and it’s the reason that I skipped the 14!!
- Apple Watch bands are the same F’ing price, even though no real leather to be used anymore
- Thought I heard something about the Watch Ultra not being real titanium anymore
- even though the switch to USB-C, no adaptors included in at least the first year
…I can go ơn and ơn about all Apple products!!! I remember my first iPhone was only $200, and now it’s almost $2K!!

fuai

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2023
It’s not just battary size, but everything Apple:
- No 2 TB storage, but more expensive
- Probably worse battary life with the added computing
- That damned camera lense protrusion has not even been addressed, that makes me the most angry, and it’s the reason that I skipped the 14!!
- Apple Watch bands are the same F’ing price, even though no real leather to be used anymore
- Thought I heard something about the Watch Ultra not being real titanium anymore
- even though the switch to USB-C, no adaptors included in at least the first year
…I can go ơn and ơn about all Apple products!!! I remember my first iPhone was only $200, and now it’s almost $2K!!
and about the storage, no increase because they want you to use their stupid iCloud and pay them more for that. There are no guarantees about the safety and stability nor the longevity etc. about any cloud storage! If something happens to the cloud, you are screwed!! And it takes so damned long to download from it to a hard drive!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.