Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lifeboy001

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2005
The first thing I said when the Video iPod came out was I would only pay for Law and Order. Beautiful....

Next: Simpsons and Family Guy?

lifeboy001

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2005
maddav said:
Agreed, the Conan written episodes of the simpsons were the best :)

Conan only wrote a few episodes in seasons 3 and 4...I will suggest Mr. Plow was great, but Seasons 6-8 were really the golden years

PPC970FX

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2004
Battlestar Galaktica

Battlestar Galaktica :D

Now if only they had that stuff outside the USA. I want that stuff, I need it.

gregarious119

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2005
Reading, PA
Seinfeld anyone?

Dang....I'd be all over it if they would offer Season's 1-9 of the greatest comedy ever made. Talk about beating Sony to it, they haven't even released all the seasons on DVD yet.

dirtymatt

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2005
quidire said:
b) widescreen? (I thought BSG was 16x9, perhaps not...)

BSG is widescreen, and shown on SciFi letterboxed. It's a real shame that Apple is cropping the video just to fit the iPod video, especially since with the exception of the iBook and 12" PowerBook, all of their computers at this point are widescreen. At least it's cheaper than the BSG DVDs. On Amazon they work out to about $3.40 per episode.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
Hitchcock

Nobody seems to care about poor Uncle Alfred. It looks like a lot of the historical stuff has to be on DVD before Apple can get it on iTMS. NBC has only released season 1 and that is all Apple has. I do so look forward to season 3 arriving in the store. We are currently netflixing season 1, so I may end up buying episodes that I find particularly enjoyable. I haven't seen the Hitchcock take on it, but the Dahl short story "Lamb to the Slaughter" is my favorite story of all time.

Porchland

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2004
Georgia
Fox is probably next

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that Fox content is going to figure into Macworld San Francisco and that "American Idol" will feature prominently. And CBS coming along wouldn't surprise me.

The top five shows on TV this season are probably going to be "Desperate Housewives," "CSI," "Without a Trace" and the Tuesday and Wednesday editions of "American Idol." Macworld is January 10, the new season of "American Idol" starts January 16. ("24" starts January 15.)

Apple aims high with major announcements, and Fox's biggest brand by far is "American Idol." "Idol" would make a good candidate for a season pass package, where you pay so much to get every episode plus extras that come out periodically. "24" has already announced a ten-minute prequel thing that would make a good free download to kick off the season.

WaRrK

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2004
Sheffield, UK
liketom said:
if you have a iTunes account that lives in the US of A then you can download from the iTunes store US - if your credit card lives in the UK then the UK store is for you

no get arounds on that one

Could you buy some US iTMS vouchers and then use them in the UK? You aren't using a credit card then!

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
finally!!! :)

i guess comcasts internet service gets crushed with many people downloading not only video podcasts but gigabytes of tv shows.

time to get rid of cable tv and rather buy the few things i really want to watch. and that without the 30% wasted time for tv commercials.:)

andrewcod

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2005
WaRrK said:
Could you buy some US iTMS vouchers and then use them in the UK? You aren't using a credit card then!

Don't think so unfortunately. I'm pretty sure the code you get to redeem them is specific to one country. Then again, I've never tried it. :confused:

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
MacSA said:
Yeah.....unless you're an American customer of Apple's there doesnt seem much point to the video iPod.

Up until late October this year there wasn't much point to ANY iPod here. We must all play the waiting game now. At least opening the store here showed some level of committment from Apple, so I wait, and rip, and fail uni and have to wait 6 more months to get my 5G iPod, so I rip some more...

User X

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2002
Sci Fi: Battlestar Galactica, Battlestar Galactica Miniseries

No Stargate???

flat6

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2004
If you get a gift card (off Amazon, for instance), you can download anything off the US store from anywhere in the world. This is because you don't need to enter credit card information to use song codes / gift cards.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
liketom said:
OK so you USA guy's and gals ahave gotta be happy know with the latest additions to the TV sections.

Come on Steve - UK ??

Forget it. :D

We get the same shows over here via cable/satellite... So how about us first? :cool:

rosalindavenue

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2003
Virginia, USA
I'm downloading an episode of Hitchcock as I type; one he directed called Back for Christmas. I can't make up my mind about the pricing; $1.99 seems expensive at first, but it is pretty pain free to obtain. The download is pretty fat (it just finished); took about three minutes. It is playing now-- looks great. I wish my ibook could handle full screen; but it stutters too badly.

Edit: I take that back; it does fine in full screen. My favorite trick, however, is that it keeps playing in expose--

iChan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2003
Dublin, Ireland.
liketom said:
from what i understand ---

streaming -

if you have a Mac say upstairs ie powermac and a iMac with iSight downstairs plugged into say your TV then what you can do is this.

connect via network to your Powermac and open the movie - save as a referenced movie to your MOVIE in finder and then open Front Row

it will stream from your Powermac in full screen and saving your iMacs Hard drive :rolleyes:

what's the difference between creating a referenced movie and just creating an alias?

WeBleed4Real

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2005
Knight Rider!!!

YES! Knight Rider lives again!!

I can feel it now...The rebirth of David Hasselhoff's career!!

All thanks to Apple and iTunes!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.