Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
I think if fox news was our only source of news I'd go take a neckswing from the nearest tree tbh.

MagicBoy

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2006
Manchester, UK
But they're intentionally leaving some parties out, despite the license fee payers saying they want them included.

I guess its a small scale thing in comparison they've been covering up for paedophiles for the last 40 odd years too.

I'm sure the smaller parties will get coverage befitting their opinion poll ratings.

As for the 40 years comment - LOL. Go back and sit in the corner in your tinfoil hat avoiding the TV Licensing man. ;)

fat jez

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Glasgow, UK
I'm sure the smaller parties will get coverage befitting their opinion poll ratings.

Except they're not. The Greens are polling higher than the lib dems but do not have the option to speak at any of the leaders' debates. The SNP look like they could win over 30 seats (they currently have 6) but have no invite either.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010

As for the 40 years comment - LOL. Go back and sit in the corner in your tinfoil hat avoiding the TV Licensing man. ;)

Sorry, are you either denying that the bbc covered up for paedophiles when it's widely know that they did, or are you just being a paedo apologist..... I'm not quite sure?

MagicBoy

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2006
Manchester, UK
Except they're not. The Greens are polling higher than the lib dems but do not have the option to speak at any of the leaders' debates. The SNP look like they could win over 30 seats (they currently have 6) but have no invite either.

The SNP will get localised coverage from BBC Scotland, same for the other national parties like Plaid Cymru. If they put up candidates outside their self imposed borders I might agree they should be included, but the SNP will stop at Hadrians wall so they shouldn't be.

As for the Greens they've got a single MP. Why not invite George Galloway to the debate as well, as head of the Respect Party? He's also got the same number of seats.

Sorry, are you either denying that the bbc covered up for paedophiles when it's widely know that they did, or are you just being a paedo apologist..... I'm not quite sure?

It's widely known you read the Daily Mail sat in the corner of a room wearing a tinfoil hat. I'm not quite sure?

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
The SNP will get localised coverage from BBC Scotland, same for the other national parties like Plaid Cymru. If they put up candidates outside their self imposed borders I might agree they should be included, but the SNP will stop at Hadrians wall so they shouldn't be.

As for the Greens they've got a single MP. Why not invite George Galloway to the debate as well, as head of the Respect Party? He's also got the same number of seats.

It's widely known you read the Daily Mail sat in the corner of a room wearing a tinfoil hat. I'm not quite sure?

There were a hell of a lot of rumours about Saville. It should have been investigated.

fat jez

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Glasgow, UK

As for the Greens they've got a single MP. Why not invite George Galloway to the debate as well, as head of the Respect Party? He's also got the same number of seats

You talked about coverage in terms of the what the parties are polling. Now you're talking in terms of the seats they have. Which is it?

MagicBoy

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2006
Manchester, UK
You talked about coverage in terms of the what the parties are polling. Now you're talking in terms of the seats they have. Which is it?

Have some official guidance from the BBC : http://www.bbc.co.uk/editorialguide...ices-elections/#Broadcasting During Elections

Seems quite clear.

There were a hell of a lot of rumours about Saville. It should have been investigated.

As for Savile, that's vastly off topic. If you want to discuss that, open a new thread.

Actually this whole thing is going off topic. I'm out.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010

I've never read the daily mail, nor the sun, nor the star..... **** reading racist sexist ***** like that. Presumptuous tossrag :rolleyes:

----------

As for Savile, that's vastly off topic. If you want to discuss that, open a new thread.

Funny that you're quite happy to refer to it when you want to throw insults at people though isn't it? :rolleyes:

TTile

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2013
As a physician then, you should know that standing in one place for sixteen hours per day doing the same mindless repetitive task is much different than interacting with patients and staff.

That's called a factory job. If you worked at a Ford plant putting bolts into a truck it would be the same thing (coincidently those workers often work 10-12 hour days).

----------

so your take is overworked factory workers don't matter?

also, your working conditions are quite different than a factory so that's a poor comparison.

I never said that. I'm saying that working conditions are bad for a lot of people.

----------

Geez, are you actually comparing yourself to a factory worker in China on an assembly line? Maybe I am reading this wrong.

Is your pay scale the same as well?

No but they are paid very well when compared to their peers. Similarly a factory worker in the US makes far more money than a physician in India.

----------

It says a LOT about you if you compare your working conditions and pay to the Chinese factory worker.

Good luck in your life!

The documentary specifically highlighted the hours worked by these factory workers---implying it was unusual/bad. It isn't. That was my point.

----------

LOL, what? You also make six figures a year, plus benefits, and have all the prestige that comes with your career. Talk about false equivalency. I've never understood why we have such disdain for laborers in this country, and we love, loooove to play the "who puts in more hours? who has it worse?" game. It's ridiculous.

A central tenant of the documentary was that these workers put in too many hours per day. I was challenging that idea.

In response to your statement, these workers make far more money than their regional peers, giving them money and prestige. It's all relative.

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Oct 13, 2008
That's called a factory job. If you worked at a Ford plant putting bolts into a truck it would be the same thing (coincidently those workers often work 10-12 hour days).

----------

I never said that. I'm saying that working conditions are bad for a lot of people.

----------

No but they are paid very well when compared to their peers. Similarly a factory worker in the US makes far more money than a physician in India.

----------

The documentary specifically highlighted the hours worked by these factory workers---implying it was unusual/bad. It isn't. That was my point.

----------

A central tenant of the documentary was that these workers put in too many hours per day. I was challenging that idea.

In response to your statement, these workers make far more money than their regional peers, giving them money and prestige. It's all relative.

Where is your proof that working conditions are good in china?

TTile

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2013
Where is your proof that working conditions are good in china?

I never make the claim that they were good compared to Western standards. If you go back to the original report it focuses on working hours. I find that focus to be patently ridiculous as 1) long working hours does not constitute worker abuse (I originally say I routinely work 80 hour weeks as a physician and I doubt many would consider that as abusive) and 2) it detracts from the very real problems occurring in Asian factories.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.