Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mocman

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 8, 2004

Attachments

• Home InspectionLOGO3.jpeg
    Home InspectionLOGO3.jpeg
    15.4 KB · Views: 122

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
loose the squeeze, it serves no purpose, even aesthetically, its just unpleasing.

and the "outline" text, not a good idea, it doesnt work well in small sizes.

ATD

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2005
impossible to read, no hierarchy, poor use of typography.

Yes. Think about the logos function before going to it's form. Your graphic is overwhelming the name. The name is hard to read. The type speaks decorative instead of professional.

mustard

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2005
NJ
From my experience there are two things I try to accomplish when developing an identity.

1 - Work in only Black and White at a 1in x 1in size
(this is the most rudimentary form the logo would be seen in and must work - then you can expand by adding color, texture, etc. for unique applications as necessary)

2 - The logo must bee simple and recognizable (I personally try to create an identity with the idea that it needs to be simple enough to be drawn in the sand if necessary)

LeviG

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Norfolk, UK
Personally didnt get what the swoosh and circle represented. I didn't feel they really worked for the intended market.

So I did a quick rejig of one of the later works, note I didn't have the original work so this is more for an idea. I also don't like the squashed text, keep it clean and simple.

Anyway here's my take on your theme.

Attachments

• home inspection.jpg
    home inspection.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 67

mocman

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 8, 2004
hey LeviG..... not to bad exept the p does not come down all the way

LeviG

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Norfolk, UK
As I said it was a quick rejig (meaning not worried if it isn't perfect cos I'm not getting paid for it) and I didn't have the actual work to work from.

You can change yours to look like it if you wish, it only took me a couple of minutes to tweak yours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.