Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

okayde

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2008
Lisbon
You mean, running with intelligent, driven, innovative people? Yeah, that's not thug at all. Dre hasn't been thug for 20 years, in fact most in the know would say Dre has never been thug. Dre is about success and he will team with anyone that will get him there.

Like, there are no thugs in Wall Street.

DonJudgeMe

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2014
Arizona
i dont know. it seems perfect. it highlights both how useless siri is and the lameness of beats for people over 15

Right... because every other AI does work perfectly.:rolleyes:

Btw, you do get that Siri was choosing to ignore the question hense the response, right? It only is understandable to those with a sense of humor... and before that you say it is not funny, neither of these companies are in the comedy business. (I have a feeling you arent either):p

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
Right... because every other AI does work perfectly.:rolleyes:

Btw, you do get that Siri was choosing to ignore the question hense the response, right? It only is understandable to those with a sense of humor... and before that you say it is not funny, neither of these companies are in the comedy business. (I have a feeling you arent either):p

dont have access to the one from microsoft but i have a hard time imagining its much worse than siri. google now as little as i use that is infinitely better.

but i do get that and it might be funny if siri was actually halfway decent. however do you get how badly siri works for many people hence my post?

DonJudgeMe

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2014
Arizona
dont have access to the one from microsoft but i have a hard time imagining its much worse than siri. google now as little as i use that is infinitely better.

but i do get that and it might be funny if siri was actually halfway decent. however do you get how badly siri works for many people hence my post?

I really do not know. I don't know many blind or def people.. the ones I do know have more advanced means than an iPhone to complete tasks. And I try not to associate myself with those lazy enough to rely on siri to get their own **** done. I mean, if you can't google Mexican restaurant by yourself, and then blame the machine that can't understand your retarded voice, well that's just silly.;)

AxoNeuron

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2012
The Left Coast
To each his own. I only buy a song or two a month so it's cheaper for me to buy the song on iTunes than pay for a music subscription I will never use. I like my 700 song library, don't really care for paying to listen to what I've already paid for :)

Dakotama

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2014
iTunes could be an optional installation on Macs just like Garage Band or Xcode. I really don't like receiving iTunes updates once a week while I open iTunes once a year by mistake.

----------

He probably was born when Winamp 2.0 was about to be launched.

This guy ran Winamp in the late nineties.

chupachup

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2013
Spicing up iTunes is easy. There's a lot they can do there, starting with breaking up the monolithic desktop app into smaller ones to mirror iOS. They just need to replace Eddy Cue with someone who is a true music lover and product guy who can innovate; my understanding is that Eddy Cue is more of a maintenance guy. Maybe Iovine will be the answer.

That's exactly what they're doing.

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
It's not the geographical location that matters with Apple's digital media offerings, its the payment information associated with an AppleID. You need an Australian (or US) credit card (or gift card) to create an 'Australian AppleID'. With that ID you can then access the iTunes universe from anywhere (well unless third-parties put up roadblocks like China might do). Technically, you also need to be a resident, I think, which means you need an address in the respective country but that address is never verified so it can be bogus (well, to be safe it probably doesn't hurt to use a real address but nothing is ever send by physical mail and thus you definitely don't need to life there).

I set my other Apple ID address to one of the Apple Stores there a few years ago and Apple haven't said anything yet. :D

rborge729

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2014
Doppelgänger - Chase Utley

Phillies fan. Guy is a dead ringer for Chase Ultey (2nd baseman, Phillies). Just saying...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-03 at 6.47.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-03 at 6.47.22 PM.png
    223.3 KB · Views: 49

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009
I know this is way off topic, but are you referring to the Stevens Creek trail? If so, I run this trail every other day, and I didn't know anyone of popularity was on it. Forgive me if I'm way off.

I have run that trail. However, I am referring to the many lunch spots along Stevens Creek Blvd. near the Apple campus.

FYI, when the new campus opens up, the Duke of Edinburg pub on Wolfe is expecting to at least double it's business.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I was stating one of the reasons Apple bought Beats in another thread was to possibly improve iTunes Radio by using the whatever formula that Beats audio service was established on that made it successful and it appears I may have been correct.

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
I have run that trail. However, I am referring to the many lunch spots along Stevens Creek Blvd. near the Apple campus.

FYI, when the new campus opens up, the Duke of Edinburg pub on Wolfe is expecting to at least double it's business.

I know Duke's! One of the few places open late in Silicon Valley that my colleagues and I can go and grab a beer after a late shift.

bogg

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2005
Sweden
If the headline had been "Trent Reznor starts working at Apple" i'd be more impressed.

Collected

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
If the headline had been "Trent Reznor starts working at Apple" i'd be more impressed.

Well he's still at beats so technically he's working for Apple now.

I'm expecting a full revamp of iTunes by these guys. Apple wants to become the leader again when it comes to music consumption. The beats buy out ensures they have a great team to do it and some good software.

jameskatt

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2008
Watch - some will complain

Watch - some scumbag is going to complain that Ian Rogers, Jimmy Lovine, and Andre Young aren't women. They will complain about Apple not having enough women in management positions.

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009

My grapevine told me he turned them down. Instead, he went the Hollywood sound track route that many pop stars have done later in their career such as Edgar Winter, Danny Elfman and Eddie Vedder.

----------

Watch - some scumbag is going to complain that Ian Rogers, Jimmy Lovine, and Andre Young aren't women. They will complain about Apple not having enough women in management positions.

Let them complain as much as they want. Just don't give them the press nor a response and have them burn out.

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
I set my other Apple ID address to one of the Apple Stores there a few years ago and Apple haven't said anything yet. :D

When you try to change the store (ie, the country) associated with your AppleID, you are told that:

"You need a valid method of payment and a billing address for a country or region in which iTunes is available."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.