Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac.Virgin101

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
I just got an iPad last week and did a search of mroogle to see what alernative browsers I could use to watch flash content on my ipad.

The problem is that none of them seem to work for Canadian sites (Cloud Browse, Frash, Skyline).

I user Safari for all my browsing needs but thought I might download an alternate browser to watch some shows.

I should add that I'm ashamed to admit that I don't know what jailbreaking thing is about:eek:. It sounds scary but I'm getting the impression it might help me out as well. How is it done and is this the only way to view flash content?

Thanks in advance!!

Eldiablojoe

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2009
West Koast
I don't know that websites know or care if you are in the US or points north. It's not like HTML has citizenship requirements.

I would suggest you try an app called skyfire. It's a browser that lets you utilize flash on iOS devices.

HTH

el-John-o

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2010
Missouri
Just FYI, alot of "closed source content", like TV shows and movies, won't work on Skyfire. Examples would be like Hulu and Fancast. Even though Skyfire can view the flash videos, it gets locked out by the server, mostly because most of those services have subscription services you need to pay for to view on the iPad using an app, and they don't want you getting it for free.

I've found there is very very little that Skyfire can ACTUALLY display, but it does come in handy every now and again YMMV of course.

Jailbreaking really isn't the solution either, for flash anyway. There really just isn't much that will allow flash content on the iPad. Most folks don't have much of a need, and Apple has made it clear that unless Adobe comes to them with a better product, it ain't runnin' on no iPad!

EssentialParado

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2005
Make sure you check if any of these services have apps on the App store. When I was in Canada a month back I downloaded the Global and CityTV apps and watched TV shows free, just as examples.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.