Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

In store Pickup or ship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

randymac88

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2008
thank you ! Ya they told me a lot of different things at first and I know new activation you get a $200 bestbuy gc and also $200 gc for any smart phone but I thought the trade in promo also applies to customers upgrading as well hopefully ,because I gave up my apple preorder just for the best buy promo. Thanks!

I have a question about this. I understand that you get a $200 GC for a new activation. But, then you also get a $200 GC for a trade-in of any smartphone. But here's my question, if I'm taking in an iPhone 6 that carries a value of more than $200, how is that a good deal for me? Or, do you get the two gift cards in addition to the value of the phone?

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
You really should be able to price match. My Best Buy always does for me. I bought a MacBook Pro not that long ago and not only did they price match but they even matched the government price apple offers. They didn't even bat a eyelash. For them to say no is crap.

Best Buy can price match pretty much anything in the store except contracted phones. It's the way they have their contracts with the carries. They can lose their ability to sell phones for carries if they price match contracted phones.

Reactions: ziggo

jtrenda33

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
I pre-ordered from Apple.com AND BestBuy.com this year at off-contract full price. When I went to pick up the Best Buy pre-order, they would not let me walk out with the device unless they opened it and set it up on my Verizon account, which was not what I wanted. I will not be pre-ordering from Best Buy ever again. Not only this, but you don't even get points for the order when you use 12-month financing with your BB credit card.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
I pre-ordered from Apple.com AND BestBuy.com this year at off-contract full price. When I went to pick up the Best Buy pre-order, they would not let me walk out with the device unless they opened it and set it up on my Verizon account, which was not what I wanted. I will not be pre-ordering from Best Buy ever again. Not only this, but you don't even get points for the order when you use 12-month financing with your BB credit card.

Sorry to hear this. If you bought the phone out right at full price they shouldn't have made you set up the phone. As for the points thats not Best Buy. They used to give you points even when you did the 12 months no interest, but when they switched banks the new bank wouldn't let them do it. :(

jtrenda33

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
Sorry to hear this. If you bought the phone out right at full price they shouldn't have made you set up the phone. As for the points thats not Best Buy. They used to give you points even when you did the 12 months no interest, but when they switched banks the new bank wouldn't let them do it. :(

Right, you just wouldn't get double points. I had already placed my order at this point, so that's when I went ahead and ordered another one from Apple.com and applied for the Barclay Card, which gave me 18-months interest-free financing AND 3x in Apple Rewards! It kind of is Best Buy's fault because they agreed to the terms with the new credit card provider, so lets not let them off the hook so easily.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Right, you just wouldn't get double points. I had already placed my order at this point, so that's when I went ahead and ordered another one from Apple.com and applied for the Barclay Card, which gave me 18-months interest-free financing AND 3x in Apple Rewards! It kind of is Best Buy's fault because they agreed to the terms with the new credit card provider, so lets not let them off the hook so easily.

Not saying its right or I agree with it. It's just the situation and if customers don't like it they can shop else where.

cupidchild

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2015
How do I check my pre-order status from Best Buy? Is there site to check it?

Order in store on 9/18. Nothing, no ETA.
iPhone 6S Plus 64GB Gold on Verizon.

Went to BB - they had 6S for ATT that came in on Saturday 9/26 but nothing for Verizon carrier.
No estimated arrival date. :(
I'm bummed, my friends who pre-ordered from T-Mobile and AT&T all received theirs on Friday - Launch date.

niravdave

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2015
Best bet right now is to reserve one on Apple.com for store pickup.
In store reservation opened on 26th 8 AM and I was able to reserve 6s+ 64 GB AT&T. and get it on 26th itself. :)
Apple store employee told that in store reservation will open every day at 8 AM.
Quantities are limited so try as early as possible(within few secs) else it gets filled within few mins.

Got mine on 26th and cancelled BB preorder!

xXTecH_GuRuXx

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2015
I got tired of waiting around for Best Buy especially when I ordered on Day 1, so I went on Apples website and I reserved the last out of contract 64gb Gold T-Mobile iPhone 6s Plus for store pick up today. Seeing as how they were all out of Verizon iPhones I reserved the unlocked T-Mobile iphone. Works fine on my Verizon Account!

Reactions: hovscorpion12

NewdestinyX

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2007
I got tired of waiting around for Best Buy especially when I ordered on Day 1, so I went on Apples website and I reserved the last out of contract 64gb Gold T-Mobile iPhone 6s Plus for store pick up today. Seeing as how they were all out of Verizon iPhones I reserved the unlocked T-Mobile iphone. Works fine on my Verizon Account!
Yep! You're buying more than you need.. Since the TMobile (ATT) phone, Model A1634 has the LTE30 band in it which Verizon can't use. But the phone costs the same and works just fine on any carrier! So glad we're beyond the years of Carrier specific phones..

xXTecH_GuRuXx

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2015
Yep! You're buying more than you need.. Since the TMobile (ATT) phone, Model A1634 has the LTE30 band in it which Verizon can't use. But the phone costs the same and works just fine on any carrier! So glad we're beyond the years of Carrier specific phones..

Yeah I called Apple before I did it and they told me contract-free T-Mobile iPhone can work with any carrier and it's unlocked. They told me there isn't any difference except it will do all carriers. So if I ever decide I want to switch out of Verizon (which that won't happen cause of my unlimited data) I can. Luckily i snagged it when I did cause when I got there more people were asking for all the iPhone 6s Plus.

Luckily a lot of people didn't know about the contract-free T-mobile iPhone that does all carriers :D. This phone is awesome with 3D Touch. This iPhone is super fast!

fieldsphotos

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2013

I believe the T-mobile phone does not have LTE band 30. It is the same model as the VZW phone this year.

xXTecH_GuRuXx

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2015
Dang I'm getting good speeds with the new iPhone 6s Plus for Verizon!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 147

ziggo

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008

That is NOT supposed to happen, that is NOT an actual store policy and you should have asked to speak to a manager in that situation.

If you pay full price for a phone then it is yours to do with as you want, we are under no obligation whatsoever to set it up on your account.

MotherFinMike

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2008
San Diego California

They tried that with me an one of the other salesmen stepped in an said no

Reactions: ziggo

xlost6

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
Finally received my iPhone 6 Plus yesterday via UPS. I was hoping it would appear launch day at my doorstep or Saturday but it didn't as I mentioned a few pages back. I'm not complaining though. Glad I got it. I preordered a few days later and still managed to get one shipped to me.

I got to say the 6s Plus is fantastic so far.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I never notified but I got an email that my order would be delayed. I picked my iphone 6s up at 10:00am launch day. BB had better get their act straight, I could imaging folks not going to their store and not picking it up the Iphone that is waiting there for them because of the bogus email.

Subhumanguy

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2007
I pre-ordered on September 12 for in store pickup and I still haven't received any correspondence since the delay e-mail on Friday. Based upon the attention to detail I've experienced from Best Buy in previous experiences I'm a bit concerned that even if they did receive my order that they would fulfill walk-ins first.

cupidchild

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2015
Still no email from Best Buy. Waiting for 6s Plus pre-order from BB.
I wish they can at least give me ETA or check status online.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.