Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

No-Me

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Rotterdam
I'm looking for a new car stereo and I'm looking for a 1 din high unit that works best with an iPhone. I rather connect it through usb because of battery issues when using navigation software. I would prefer one without a cd player. And I would love to use bluetooth for the handsfree.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
There a ton of options. You need to provide more criteria to narrow them down if you want recommendations.

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010
I'm looking for a new car stereo and I'm looking for a 1 din high unit that works best with an iPhone. I rather connect it through usb because of battery issues when using navigation software. I would prefer one without a cd player. And I would love to use bluetooth for the handsfree.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Pioneer by a large margin IMO. I have use their car stereos for years with the iPhone. I've tried many other brands and none of them can compete with the user interface.

I Upgrade my car stereo every couple years and always want the best to go with the iPhone, it always ends up being pioneer after looking at all of them.

No-Me

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Rotterdam
Thanks, Pioneers and Kenwoods where on the top of my list. Any particular model you prefer?

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010
Thanks, Pioneers and Kenwoods where on the top of my list. Any particular model you prefer?

I really can't speak for the models this year and I actually do not plan on buying any more in the future because I'm going to be buying a challenger next year. It's going to have the Uconnect system which I think is pretty much better than anything out there .

in the past though with the pioneers I've always picked up the model next down from their top-of-the-line receiver . I always purchase off eBay as you can usually get them off eBay as you can get them for $200-$400 less brand-new in box .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.