Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MajicSho

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2016
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Hi Guys,
Not sure if this thread will get much attention due to the lack of owners of the Product Red iPhone, but I was wondering what cases have people tried with their Product Red iPhone (and actually looked good)!

I have around 40+ cases at home that I've used with both my Black & Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus previously, but when I got the Product Red, I rushed out and wrapped it with a Naked Skin Wrap that I can't test my cases.

Another thing I've seen is covering the front with a Black E2E Screen Protector and a Black Sided case gives it that whole Red & Black Combo that most of us are after (apart from the white home button).

Anyways, let the posting begin.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Hi Guys,
Not sure if this thread will get much attention due to the lack of owners of the Product Red iPhone, but I was wondering what cases have people tried with their Product Red iPhone (and actually looked good)!

I have around 40+ cases at home that I've used with both my Black & Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus previously, but when I got the Product Red, I rushed out and wrapped it with a Naked Skin Wrap that I can't test my cases.

Another thing I've seen is covering the front with a Black E2E Screen Protector and a Black Sided case gives it that whole Red & Black Combo that most of us are after (apart from the white home button).

I unfortunately can't comment on what cases with red phone BUT I will throw my two cents in...

If you want to black out home button these can be found on eBay in a black/black combo. Used them on my phone, work perfectly, touchID still functions, can't tell it even exists over button etc

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162300516078

Food for thought

MajicSho

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2016
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
I unfortunately can't comment on what cases with red phone BUT I will throw my two cents in...

If you want to black out home button these can be found on eBay in a black/black combo. Used them on my phone, work perfectly, touchID still functions, can't tell it even exists over button etc

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162300516078

Food for thought

Cheers buddy, I've seen them pointed out recently but need to check if Amazon have them.

Ps. Maybe this could be "The Product Red iPhone Accessories Thread?"

Eric5273

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2009
New Jersey
Myself, I have a matte black iPhone 7, but the case that I think looks best on any of the iPhone 7 colors with a white screen is the Tech 21 Evo Mesh in white. I know someone who has a gold iPhone 7 with that case and it looks great. I'd imagine it would also look really nice with the red iPhone 7.

MajicSho

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2016
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Tech21 do nice protective cases (if a little bulky obviously) but I doubt people who buy the Red iPhone would want to hide the Color (kinda like Jet Black owners wouldn't wanna do the same).

MajicSho

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2016
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Thanks, but those cases would suite the Black models more than the Red.

Plain, transparent TPU cases seem to be doing the trick for me at the moment (so long as the front is still white).

MajicSho

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2016
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

MajicSho

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2016
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
So I've just applied a black E2E Peel screen protector and my Incipio Reprieve Sport case in Clear/Black and it looks like this:

2a250e3d17768dbbc9bf0aa27f8380c0.jpg

699bd6fe6a79824136c21a5e04f6ba39.jpg

I'm yet to buy a Black hone button ring but quite impressed with the outcome so far.

Reactions: Zobrien

KillaMac

Suspended
May 25, 2013
Ok now that looks nice. Just strap a block E2E screen protector on that and you'll have a gorgeous looking phone

Here is the one I linked too. Do you have a link to the screen protector you mentioned? I can't seem to find it.

06886c113a32478e99d559e961bade80.jpg

2ccbf07f850bd0047b375134848d764b.jpg

35abb3a4ba604f0e74858b7fed99bf84.jpg

9f8a9a9d7b805b12e7ba3452121aef10.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MajicSho

woodynorman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2011
I just installed a black edge to edge screen protector on my new red 7 plus. I like it, but I wish it did cover the white face completely. Theres a small rim of white showing on mine. That, and the white home button. I don't like the look...I'm waiting on a black home button sticker from Amazon.

After one full day with the black front, I have to say I kinda miss the white front. It really does make the phone "pop". I always thought I preferred the black front on a phone, but I really don't mind the white. Some say they find it distracting, but I don't.

I also installed a ghost armor protector for the back of the phone. It doesn't cover the sides, but does add some scratch protection. It gives the red a glossy look, which I'm not sure I like. The matte red is pretty sweet.

democracyrules

Suspended
Nov 18, 2016
Hi Guys,

Clear otterbox symmetry as it protects and shows the beauty of the red color.

Reactions: MajicSho

Peruvian

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2006
U.K.
Does anyone use the product red silicone case with the red iphone 7 plus? It woud be appreciated to see photos from users instead of the usual stock images from the apple website.
Thanks...

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Thanks, but those cases would suite the Black models more than the Red.

Plain, transparent TPU cases seem to be doing the trick for me at the moment (so long as the front is still white).
what about the rhino shield play proof in clear? I have it on my MB 7 plus and I typically despise clear cases. No finger print or scratch issues to date

toph2toast

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
So I've just applied a black E2E Peel screen protector and my Incipio Reprieve Sport case in Clear/Black and it looks like this:

2a250e3d17768dbbc9bf0aa27f8380c0.jpg

699bd6fe6a79824136c21a5e04f6ba39.jpg

I'm yet to buy a Black hone button ring but quite impressed with the outcome so far.

I'm not very familiar wit this Incipio case. Is it a hard or soft plastic?

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
what about the rhino shield play proof in clear? I have it on my MB 7 plus and I typically despise clear cases. No finger print or scratch issues to date
My playproof clear started turning yellow in a matter of days. I returned it to Amazon. No problems with yours?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.