Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edbarton76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Not talking about photo organisation here (although iPhoto gets close to the goal) but software like Little Snapper that can organise my creative library.

Part of my job is to pull up references at a moments notice, so all images in my collection with a market in them for example. Software like Lightroom/Aperture therefore isn't right for this task. My search has come across Little Snapper and Sparkbox but I'm after some further alternatives.

My only real demands are

Tagging
Ability to place the library on Dropbox so I and others can access it remotely (in an ideal world anybody who I give details to could log in and browse my library)

LittleSnapper seems so close except it uses the .snap file format which means the files are no use to anybody without the application. I know I can export back out but I've done tests on it today and there's generational file loss from going jpg to jpg - I'd like to avoid this if possible. I don't want it to do anything with my files unless I ask it to.

What are the alternatives??

heikkipekka

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2008
Which did you end up using? I'm having similar decision to make: Sparkbox seems nice (trying out Lite version) but LittleSnapper better for this kind of scenario? Or something else, maybe with access to thumbnails or small previews from iPhone and iPad?

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.