Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Descarreaux

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2008
Montréal South-shore
Hi

I am looking for a LED monitor (24" ≤ d ≤ 30") , ideally with speakers, for a mac mini 2011, a Wii and a PS3.

But there are so many.

I guess I am not the only one with this set-up.

Anyone has a suggestion?

Last edited:

MetalMac

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2007
Tijuana, MX
Have you checked out the ps3 tv? Just throwing it out there.

It's a 24" 240Hz 1080p 3D panel, if you can get a component cable for the wii I guess it could be perfect.

Last edited:

dolphin842

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2004
A little-known fact is that many Dell UltraSharp LCDs can accept Component video signals (for the Wii) through the VGA input (Monoprice sells cheap passive adapters). There is a setting in the monitor's menu system that lets you select the Input Color Format as YPbPr (component).

AuroraProject

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2008
Right there
A little-known fact is that many Dell UltraSharp LCDs can accept Component video signals (for the Wii) through the VGA input (Monoprice sells cheap passive adapters). There is a setting in the monitor's menu system that lets you select the Input Color Format as YPbPr (component).

I have a 24" Dell that has component input. It's an older model though, the 2405FPW I think.

Asmod4n

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2011
A Dell U2312HM looks about right, it has Displayport(mini), DVI(ps3) and VGA(wii), tho, it doesn't have speakers, but you can buy them from Dell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.