Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jayeskreezy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
What do you think is the best flat panel lcd 17" monitor to buy?

I'm looking to get something from $150-$240 preferably new. I know ecostcom had some that were pretty cheap, but I dont want to sacrifice too much quality.

What are some brands that I should stay away from? I want something nice and visible, but it doesnt have to be like a giant apple cinema display. I actually dont want apple at all.

*mods move this if it's in the wrong forum...thanks :) *

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
I think it is generally agreed that Dell makes the best low-cost LCD monitors. For a 17'' Dell screen, you're going to pay slightly more than you're looking to spend.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Dell hands down. Don't get a 17" though - Dell's prices are very "normal" for 17" LCDs, and you can bet better ones from Samsung, Sony, etc. But for 19", 20"/20" widescreen, and if you wanna go BIG, 24"... Dell is your man!

lfielder06

Dec 5, 2004
Hey I would check out ubid. They usually have great prices on 17" sony lcds. I personally like those that I have seen in stores. From what I hear those are great lcds.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
lfielder06 said:
Hey I would check out ubid. They usually have great prices on 17" sony lcds. I personally like those that I have seen in stores. From what I hear those are great lcds.

I got my 18" sony from their and it works great!
You can check out tiger direct They have some good stuff sometimes. I bought from them before and they are great to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.