Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kfordham281

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
Hi everyone,

I just found out a few hours ago that I'll be doing some driving for work in my personal vehicle. My radio stinks and CD's are limited so I wanted to get an FM transmitter for my iPod. Can anyone recommend a good/reliable transmitter for the iPod or iPhone? A friend has one for his gf's creative zen and the sound is awful and it keeps loosing the sound as you drive. I'd like get one that works well and sounds decent without loosing the sound. Thanks for any suggestions!

groovyds

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2008
South Carolina
fm transmitter

you might want to try one by Newer Technology i had one by them and it worked great in NY...and in NY it is pretty hard to find a clear station, but this one locked in on 87.9 and it was very clear, except in 1 or 2 locations...other than that it was great. I recently gave it to a friend of mine to use since i got my ipod hard wirred into my radio now. Good luck!

kfordham281

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
I ended up getting the Griffin iTrip Auto. On a 1.5 hour drive I only had to change the station once and it was very quick and painless. So far I'm pretty happy with the purchase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.