Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmhsam

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

What's the best iPad 2 case that you can actually buy in store VS online?

Cheetablaze

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2011
there isn't a best case out there, depends on what your needs are. What type of case are you looking for?

newtoiphonesdk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
I'm not the op, but I'm looking for something that will not only carry the iPad, but also the keyboard and allow me to prop the iPad 2 up. Kind of like the zagg case mate for the original iPad. Smart cover is nice, but I want something with more functionality and protection on back when not using the keyboard stuff.

cmhsam

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
there isn't a best case out there, depends on what your needs are. What type of case are you looking for?

Looking for something that's a type of folio case. Saw the thread on the speck fitfolio but it doesn't look to sturdy. Want something that I can throw on my iPad to allow to transport safely in my laptop bag. The iPad 2 covers from apple seem to not protect the whole device.

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011
I like my Targus VuScape that I got at Best Buy. I have no idea if it's the best, but I've hardly seen any in real stores still so I doubt it's the worst.

http://www.amazon.com/Targus-VuScape-Protective-Cover-Stand/

When I first saw pics, I was worried it wouldn't be held in securely when open, but it's actually very secure. You can let it hang from the front cover with no fear of the iPad falling out. The only gripe I have after using it for three weeks is that I have nowhere to put my stylus, but I haven't found another case that both has a place to put your stylus and acts as a stand with multiple viewing angles like this one does.

For $20 extra you could upgrade to the 360 and you can rotate it to stand up in portrait in addition to landscape.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.