Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

indiekid22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2021
I have owned an ipod classic for over 20 years now and I'm looking for a better program to manually manage my ipod. Can anyone recommend one please? Also having to the of my top rated playlist somehow being limited to 185songs. I haven't edited any rules ever on iTunes or the ipod?

SevengerNC

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2012
Winston Salem, NC
I have searched the Seven Seas for an iTunes alternative for years that would let me connect an iPhone to my laptop, create a drive and then move files.

Know What?? - IT CAN'T BE DONE

That's why I'm a droid guy wanting to be an apple guy. Being a musician, I move mp3's around quite a bit, but I don't like the hassle of having to jump thru all the iTunes hoops to update songs, playlists . . . . . . .
It behooves me why Apple won't connect like a droid, but they don't ask me.
Still waiting though

Reactions: Grey Area

rgould

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2021
I have owned an ipod classic for over 20 years now and I'm looking for a better program to manually manage my ipod. Can anyone recommend one please? Also having to the of my top rated playlist somehow being limited to 185songs. I haven't edited any rules ever on iTunes or the ipod?
I agree. I'd love an app that, once again, let's me create playlists, smart playlists, etc.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
There's no limit to the number of entries in playlists, unless you've actively set one, so you better check what you have done to encourage that 185 song limit.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
I agree. I'd love an app that, once again, let's me create playlists, smart playlists, etc.
Just bringing this up by apple removed smart playlists and Genius playlist? I noticed these features no longer work but I thought it was my fault

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.