Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Top MacRumors User Name

• mad jew

Votes: 26 18.4%
  • Chundles

Votes: 19 13.5%
  • iGary

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Wild Cowboy

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • fustercluck

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • crazycat

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • sushi

• MacboobsPro

Votes: 42 29.8%
  • spicyapple

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • nospleen

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I can't remember where I saw it but supposedly a small percentage of forum members, say 5% make 90% of the posts. 20% make 8% and the remainder make up the last 2%. Therefore, the people who post the most are going to be the most memorable while the people who never post aren't going to have any board recognition at all.

For a point of reference, about 25% of users have made no posts and another 25% have made one post. Only about 10% of users have made 30 posts to reach the "macrumors member" status.

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
No offense to the creator of the poll, but you haven't really made it so that one can truly show their favorite because they are forced to vote for the heavy hitters... maybe if it could calculate the percent by people typing in the name or something that would work, but having them pick limits it and defeats the purpose of it being "your" favorite, right? :rolleyes:

the only one i felt actually deserved a title of "one of the best" (not even the best) was mad jew :p

Grakkle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2006
Earth
No offense to the creator of the poll, but you haven't really made it so that one can truly show their favorite because they are forced to vote for the heavy hitters... maybe if it could calculate the percent by people typing in the name or something that would work, but having them pick limits it and defeats the purpose of it being "your" favorite, right? :rolleyes:

the only one i felt actually deserved a title of "one of the best" (not even the best) was mad jew :p

True enough. But the poll is really all in fun...doing something like what you suggested would require a bit of programming, and I suppose permissions from the site host...and so on. It wouldn't really work.

Of course a poll like this one can't really be accurate, or reflect all the opinions people will have.;)

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
For a point of reference, about 25% of users have made no posts and another 25% have made one post. Only about 10% of users have made 30 posts to reach the "macrumors member" status.
The chart is a couple years old but the proportions of non-active and active posters likely remains relatively constant, eh? Same chart but with zero posts excluded.

As far as usernames, I'm Back and BannedAgain are pretty funny with this posting. :)

x0x0x0

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
The chart is a couple years old but the proportions of non-active and active posters likely remains relatively constant, eh? Same chart but with zero posts excluded.

Interesting...thanks for the link. I just did a quick search that showed that the current proportion of users with zero posts is 29.7%. I'm surprised that it's dropped so much. 22.6% have one post. 1.35% have at least 500 posts.

mac-er

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
macnut said:
AppleJustWorks
dreamsINdigital
Jeewhizz
itgoesbuzz
Cordless_Drill

Personally, I don't find anything exceptional about the ones you listed nor do I think the scatological or sex related names are all that inspiring.

What, exactly, did you find scatological or sex-related about any of the names he mentioned?

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
ChickenSwartz just posted. I had forgotten about that name, but it's definitely nomination-worthy. It's just a hilarious name (if anyone has seen SpaceBalls...) :)

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
stubeeef
Chundles
RacerX
redeye be
Blue Velvet
atszyman
Dreadnought
PlaceofDis
Mav451

etc.... (not a username)

I feel honored....

Points have to subtract points for originality, phonetics, and ease of spelling though.

I always thought I managed to stay relatively obscure, since I don't even average 1 post/day (unless you started counting the Political forum).

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
For sheer name, it's hard to beat MacBoobs Pro. However, I've always liked Doctor Q, because the name and sig always made a nice 1-2 punch.

If there were a poll for worst user names - I'd crush all competition. When I signed up back in '02(!) a friend of mine was calling me Mike Teezie incessantly for some reason. I have no idea where it came from. My real name is Michael, but Teezie is a total shot in the dark.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002

Much better examples around.

I sort of like the spamtastic member who got added to the bad word filter, and that we cannot actually post their name in the clear -- or we risk getting banned.

Now that is a awsome member name, because it gets people banned. :p

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Dux!

I like member name titaniumducky. Bond film fans like me should also appreciate rubberduck007.

But I'm wary of One Bad Duck and DUCKofD3ATH.

Grakkle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2006
Earth
You win a brasierre with cups shaped like two apples, with a handy pocket for your iPod. :p

Yeah, that's your prize.;) I noticed that you're winning too - congrats. I still think Chundles has the best MacRumors name, though.:p

furious

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006
Australia
boobs are a winnings. what a surprise:p btw it is fun to stay at the WMCA. do you really want to hurt me. who let the doggs out. dance to the music. all we need is a drummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.