Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Polyktor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Ok, so I'm just as thrilled as the next guy about the introduction of the new aluminum 15" powerbook. But does this mean I can get a great deal on the "old" titianium G4s?

If so, where?

-R

jkeithh

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2002
Originally posted by ExoticFish
ebay

Just be careful on eBay. There have been several scams involving Powerbooks on there. If possible, try and find someone on eBay selling in your area and see if you can pay them in person and pick up the Powerbook that way you won't have to worry about getting ripped off.

ExoticFish

macrumors 6502a
yeah you have to be careful on ebay, but i sold my TiBook to a happy buyer. he wanted to call me first to feel more comfortable about buying it and that was fine with me. as long as you keep your guard up and don't go for anything that "looks too good to be true" then you'll be alright.

Polyktor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Any more macrumor folks looking to drop a titanium powerbook?

Any more macrumor folks looking to drop a titanium powerbook?

I'm assuming that there may be a few of you out there looking to get a shiny new PB alum.... come on.. hely a swither make the leap!

beefcake

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2003
Baltimore
Well my educational discount became spent when I purchased this fine 1 Ghz TiBook, but if someone is willing to minimize my loss to $300 compared to an Applecare AluBook I'd sell it, though I can't see why anybody would buy a TiBook when they could get a new one for just $300 more. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.