Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mknabster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
Hey guys, i have been trying to learn Logic Pro 9 through Lynda, but it seems like Logic might be overkill for what i want to do with it. I'm not a DJ, and i don't have the fancy equipment, but i would like to create my own sounds and mixes, as well as remix songs. Songs along the genre of electronic, dubstep, and trance. Going through Lynda, it honestly isn't presented too well and is too fast for me, and parts of the lessons are incomplete anyways, and their support is unfortunately not very helpful. Like i want a software i can jump into and start creating loops of songs and apply them to a mix. I have used VirtualDJ before, and that's fun, but i want to be able to have the layout of Logic or Audion in front of me so i can go back and forth. I do have Audacity, but i haven't really tried it since i'm not sure if it can do what i want. I also do have all the Garageband loops, so, if i can use that audio in anyway, that would be great, but i know that limits me, unless i can find where those files are located and use them in any software. Any recommendations? Thanks

spoonie1972

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2012
you have a great tool there. check youtube for tutorials. Logic has a learning curve but ultimately, it's worth it.

alternately, Ableton Live might be more up your alley.

best luck either way.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
What you are saying is that Logic has a steep learning curve. The reason is because you are watching a video straight through. Don't do that. Watch the video for june ONE SECTION then fire up Logic and practice what you just learned. then do something else for a few minutes or hours then watch the next section. 4 or 8 hour study sessions are NOT effective, take a break between "chapters".

Or you might try
http://www.nonlineareducating.com
I think they are better than Linda.com but you decide on that.

Logic will do what you need but you have to get it time. ou can't learn in two days it takes months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.