Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 30, 2015
Hi there,

I have a 9.7" and 12.9" iPad Pro, and I'm interesting in a new Calculator app. I've been using Soulver – which I love! – but they first implemented bad split view support, then completely removed it. For my workflow, I could really use a split view calculator.

That's where y'all come in. Do you use a split view calculator for your iPad? Which one? What's your favorite and least favorite feature of the one that you use?

Some things:

- I'm willing to spend up to $10 on it if it's great
- Doesn't need to be a scientific calculator. Just a basic one with additional/subtraction/etc. If it has the idea of a "workspace" with history, etc., then that would be great.
- Design is very important to me. I don't want to use a calculator that looks like it was designed for the first version of iOS and/or Windows 95
- No ads (or the ability to pay to get rid of ads)

Any recommendations? Thanks!

Eric5273

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2009
New Jersey
I use "Calculator!". I originally downloaded it because I thought it looked most like the Calculator app on the iPhone. I've been very happy with it and it does indeed support split screen.

Reactions: 4004786

Nolander07

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
Calculator pro is another one. I've been using it for years and now it has split view and a good widget.

Reactions: 4004786

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 30, 2015
Soulver let me know that proper split view support is coming in the next release, so i'm excited about that. But i'm also playing with all of these recommendations to see how i like them.

So far, PCalc has been pretty good, though it likes to register two taps from a single tap of the Apple Pencil.

Anyway, thanks for all of the suggestions! If anyone else has a calculator app that they think is great, go ahead and post it here and i'll check it out sometime.

Thanks again.

Siretman

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2014
My iPad Soulver crashed and I could not revive it. I deleted the app and found that the App Store does not have iPadOS Soulver. I tried the iOS store and again no joy.

I tried to find alternatives but I am not happy and they were not comparable to Soulver.

Any suggestions?

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
My iPad Soulver crashed and I could not revive it. I deleted the app and found that the App Store does not have iPadOS Soulver. I tried the iOS store and again no joy.

I tried to find alternatives but I am not happy and they were not comparable to Soulver.

Any suggestions?
This thread was created many years ago. Soulver is long gone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.