Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
florida
I am having some issues with iOS 7 on all the builds which is that my vibrate wont work at all for phone calls or sms, it just silences when I turn the switch.

That being said I want to do a clean install, I cannot lose my text message history, call log, voicemails, pics. A few guys on here suggested iExplorer & iBackupBot

I have both but iBackupBot wont work with ios7 I guess cause it keeps saying device handshake failed.

In terms of iExplorer it doesn't look like I can import any of these things back on a clean install, can anyone else help please and give details? Thanks

Parise

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2012
Orlando, FL
I am having some issues with iOS 7 on all the builds which is that my vibrate wont work at all for phone calls or sms, it just silences when I turn the switch.

That being said I want to do a clean install, I cannot lose my text message history, call log, voicemails, pics. A few guys on here suggested iExplorer & iBackupBot

I have both but iBackupBot wont work with ios7 I guess cause it keeps saying device handshake failed.

In terms of iExplorer it doesn't look like I can import any of these things back on a clean install, can anyone else help please and give details? Thanks

Why not just backup to iCloud?

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
florida
I do. But restoring the same backup will put back on whatever problem is causing the vibration not to work in the first place.

richard6r

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2013

Did you turn vibrate off in settings ?

Go to Settings, Sounds and switch on Vibrate on Ring.

Parise

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2012
Orlando, FL
Did you turn vibrate off in settings ?

Go to Settings, Sounds and switch on Vibrate on Ring.

Your issue sounds more of a corruption in some kind of system file. Restoring an iCloud backup (from what I know about them) won't touch anything system related in that sense.

richard6r

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2013
I'm not new to iPhone lol yes I did

lol if you turned it off then theres your problem. When your mute switch is off and "Vibrate on Ring" is off it won't vibrate. Likewise you can specifically turn off certain apps to not have them vibrate I.E calls and messages. Inside the Sounds panel go to ringtone or text tone and scroll up, it'll say Vibration. If it says None switch it to the default.

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
florida
Ironically my basic setting was fine. I never ever went into the vibrate setting under ringtone to put it to none.

After reading your reply I decided to go check and boom there you have it lol. Weird.

Lesson: always dot your i's and cross your t's.

----------

A side note I still want to clean install because my OTA updates are not working only manual.

Easy way to save SMS call logs pics and such?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.