Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
Every now and then, there are times when I need a full-blown OS to do something, such as accessing sites that are IE-only compatible - something I can't do with the iPad. I thought OnLive would work since it provides remote access to a computer running Windows 7, but apparently the free plan doesn't let you browse other sites.

If I want access to a Windows 7 interface, is my only option, short of carrying a laptop, to run a VNC server on my iMac at home (while it's running VMWare)?

Markdek

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2012
I use Spashtop 2 to access my Windows computer, when i need to...from withing my home, or remotely.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
If I want access to a Windows 7 interface, is my only option, short of carrying a laptop, to run a VNC server on my iMac at home (while it's running VMWare)?
Or LogMeIn, TeamViewer, etc.

Every now and then, there are times when I need a full-blown OS to do something, such as accessing sites that are IE-only compatible - something I can't do with the iPad.
Even with a browser that allows you to specify the user agent?

kylera

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
Even with a browser that allows you to specify the user agent?

For all the talk about Korea being an IT powerhouse, half of the government sites and banks here use the POS known as ActiveX.

Thanks for the tip about TeamViewer. Getting that now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.