Best Wifi Router for iPhone

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by whsbuss, Nov 10, 2010.

1. macrumors 68020

whsbuss

Looking to replace my Belkin n+ router. Still having intermittent wifi issues not connecting to the internet after sleeping. Any good recommendations?

2. macrumors newbie

FWIW I'm quite happy with Apple's Airport Extreme...

3. macrumors 6502

I've had issues with dlink routers but no issues with my current linksys router.

4. macrumors 65816

nunes013

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8B117)

I have both the extreme and express and I am very pleased with them. Never any problems. If your not connecting an external hard drive and have less than 10 things that will connect to the router I highly recommend the airport express. Anything else the extreme even though it's a little pricey.

5. thread starter macrumors 68020

whsbuss

Which linksys are you using?

6. thread starter macrumors 68020

whsbuss

I had my friend's Airport Extreme on my network a few weeks back to try out. It worked well but the wifi coverage was less than my old belkin n+

But I wouldn't mind getting one if it runs will with the iPhone.

7. macrumors newbie

I have the Linksys E3000 (simultaneous dual-band) and it's working flawlessly.

8. macrumors newbie

That's interesting. I've never had any problems with range, and both my routers (I have a 2.4 and 5.8) are in the basement.

9. thread starter macrumors 68020

whsbuss

Interesting. And I've checked to ensure there's no 2.4ghz interference. Mine is in a 2nd floor office.